I love our Sharks, but....

Name
Swani
The busier we get, they just aren't holding up. I've got a lifetime VIP warranty through Shark, but the wait time to get a replacement is to long. So I bought a Windsor Sensor. If our staff likes it, we will buy 5 more. It cost me around $680. Our staff is also used to canisters, so there may be a bit of a learning curve.
20220315_225652.jpg

Name
Nate W.
We have used those for years as well.. They work well, but that automatic adjusting wheels is an expensive fix when it comes time.. We had over 10+ over the years, I prefer the 15" over the 12" as far as coverage. The noise level, lay flat to get under beds easier.. Hose long enough that it doesn't tip over like the Proteam xp1200/1500.. I use a Proteam xp1500 for the extra 3"..

Some links that I use..

Filters..
Amazon product

Amazon product

Most places charge $2/bag..
Amazon product

Name
Swani
We have used those for years as well.. They work well, but that automatic adjusting wheels is an expensive fix when it comes time.. We had over 10+ over the years, I prefer the 15" over the 12" as far as coverage. The noise level, lay flat to get under beds easier.. Hose long enough that it doesn't tip over like the Proteam xp1200/1500.. I use a Proteam xp1500 for the extra 3"..

Some links that I use..

Filters..
Amazon product

Amazon product

Most places charge $2/bag..
Amazon product

Awesome, thank you. They said the filters are good for 6 months. Do you find that to be true or do they need it more often?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Sounds about right.. The more use they get, the sooner you change them.. It's a habit for me to check the level of the bag before and sometimes during (large jobs) not relying on the vacuum bag full light.. It's good for the employee's like an idiot light.. :lol:

Just remember to keep spare bags on the truck.. I've had to open the bottom of a bag once or twice and staple it closed or tape it when I forgot a spare.. :shifty:

Name
Swani
I still say if you don’t use Shark, you can buy the ProTeam upright 12” for $352 on line. For that price, it could be throw away.
I saw those, but I really needed a vacuum that day and I was able to support a local janitorial company near by. They also send a truck with supplies out to my area once a week and do full repair and warranty work. So I guess I could have saved a few bucks online, but hopefully I created a relationship here.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I did a funeral home today. The very efficient edging hose on my Shark gave as much visible value to the job as my overall extraction did. They just don’t consciously realize it.

Reactions: Nomad74

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The busier we get, they just aren't holding up. I've got a lifetime VIP warranty through Shark, but the wait time to get a replacement is to long. So I bought a Windsor Sensor. If our staff likes it, we will buy 5 more. It cost me around $680. Our staff is also used to canisters, so there may be a bit of a learning curve.
View attachment 114230

Private label Sebo. Good choice Nick. I had one that is still running strong 7 years.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
No Thanks.
I can get 3 sharks for the price of one Windsor. Sharks use superior vacuum technology.
I have the same Shark for at least 8 years and have never bought a bag.
I have around 15 Shark Vacuums at the moment. They work great, but their life is short and they can't handle being thrown in and out of vehicles.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We’re in the process of having Candice’s mom cremated. Its taking forever due to a backup at the morgue.

Candice asked me how I want to be taken care of when I die. I told her I don’t care. I said if you cremate me just make sure I wasn’t murdered. If I was murdered or if foul play is suspected, I want my body around to process for evidence. I told her if she murders me for insurance money, then go ahead and cremate me immediately. I want her to be happy. I just asked her to make it fast and painless.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
We’re in the process of having Candice’s mom cremated. Its taking forever due to a backup at the morgue.

Candice asked me how I want to be taken care of when I die. I told he I don’t care. I said if you cremate me just make sure I wasn’t murdered. If I was murdered or if foul play is suspected, I want my body around to process for evidence. I told her if she murders me for insurance money, then go ahead and cremate me immediately. I want her to be happy. I just asked her to make if fast and painless.
Can we vacuum you up at a Mikey's Fest?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom