I have fancy spotter labels, now what?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We had Kettering and crew print up a ton of spotter labels. How do we best use them?

Is there empty spotter bottles I could just throw my label on?

Do I make my own? I'm willing to, to really save money.

What product and bottle to use? I thought we'd give away the small bottle and sell a big bottle for $20. We actually have customers calling, wanting our spotters. We had normally used the Spot Out from Jon Don.

Thanks guys!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you already have the labels, you can buy empty bottles and fill them and label them. I did this once and it was a pita. A lot of companies will do private labeling for you now. Easier way to go in my opinion. Makes a great give away or additional sale.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Are there companies that would send me a product already in a blank bottle?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd like it id it was super effective for many household spots. Maybe an encap product.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Are there companies that would send me a product already in a blank bottle?
Check with Procyon. I am thinking about having them supply me with their spotter product. They have their own labels but I am sure they could ship them without. The Procyon spotter is fairly effective and is safe. I have used it quite a lot and like it. Leaves no appreciable residue. I am sure any other company that does it can ship you unlabelled bottles with their product as long as it is legal to ship unlabelled product. I think it can be done as long as the box is labelled and product literature is inside.

Name
Jeff T
@Old Coastie uses ReleaseIT DS2 as a giveaway spotter... not sure on his dilution ratio.
if you have a plastics distribution place around you, they have a ton of options.
Get a case of beer, a chair, a fold up table, and create a production line. I’m sure you could bang off 100 or so before you even get to your 4th beer..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
@Old Coastie uses ReleaseIT DS2 as a giveaway spotter... not sure on his dilution ratio.
if you have a plastics distribution place around you, they have a ton of options.
Get a case of beer, a chair, a fold up table, and create a production line. I’m sure you could bang off 100 or so before you even get to your 4th beer..
That's exactly what I did. Used Esteam Super Spotter in a 4:1 ratio. very effective spotter, though not the safest around. Filled 200 small bottles, then washed and dried them and put on the labels. These days, I have better things to do. Much easier to buy them prefilled and prelabelled.

Name
Jeff T
That's exactly what I did. Used Esteam Super Spotter in a 4:1 ratio. very effective spotter, though not the safest around. Filled 200 small bottles, then washed and dried them and put on the labels. These days, I have better things to do. Much easier to buy them prefilled and prelabelled.
Fair enough...

Name
Jeff T
Super spotter does work great, but it stinks like ‘chemicals’, and is very foamy....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Get Vacaway’s Encap Green
Is the dilution ratio really as good as it sounds?

Do you have to mix it any stronger than they say?

I think it said just a few ounces per gallon, like a lot of DS (double strength) products.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I have been giving away StainX since forever. I just put a label over theirs. Get distributor pricing but you can ask if they can ship without their label. Can get info if you want.

My customers rave about it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen

2 ounces/quart, twice the normal strength. And I use their bottle with my waterproof label on it. I give it away, demonstrate how to use it and encourage them to call me for refills.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you mix your own spotter, make sure you close it in a bottle and see what happens after 6 months.
Tap water are not that pure, so unless the product prevents biological growth it may develop mold. Spotters that you buy are treated to prevent that.

I used to do it with Baby Blue and Procyon Extreme carpet cleaner. Both prevented mold growth on their own, so tap water was not an issue. It was with some other products.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
4FABDFE5-DBAC-4462-9489-2934D25C1D86.jpeg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
1- We had Kettering and crew print up a ton of spotter labels. How do we best use them?

2 - Is there empty spotter bottles I could just throw my label on?

3 - Do I make my own? I'm willing to, to really save money.
1 - Stick 'em on customer's fridge?
2 - Sure. Try U-Line or US Plastics for small quantities, Tricor for thousands. You'll have to discuss the chemical composition of your spotter with the bottle provider so your bottles don't fail.
3- You'll save money short-term, if you're willing to take on some risk.

If you mix your own product you have liability for the product and must be able to provide a legal SDS for the product. If you repackage from, say, a gallon down to a 16 oz. bottle, you can use the maker's SDS but become the bottler and have assumed liability for the product. If you want to put your label over another label you need to have an SDS that corresponds with the new label.

We pay a bottler to mix and package a spotter of our design. They provide the SDS and retain all liability as the maker and packager.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You already had the labels printed.

However, one of the reasons that I had my own labels (after I got tired of doing my own spotter, I now buy from Procyon and have my custom label) is the "apply liberally" that all of them put on their instruction.

The last thing I want my clients to do is apply it liberally! Unless you are interested in heavy wicking, re-appearing stains or other potential afflictions. Which, I guess, could increase the frequency of cleaning :winky:

Mikey P

Administrator
You already had the labels printed.

However, one of the reasons that I had my own labels (after I got tired of doing my own spotter, I now buy from Procyon and have my custom label) is the "apply liberally" that all of them put on their instruction.

The last thing I want my clients to do is apply it liberally! Unless you are interested in heavy wicking, re-appearing stains or other potential afflictions. Which, I guess, could increase the frequency of cleaning :winky:

Speaking of procyon with Ivan having passed away and I heard Jesse just left to work for Serum cu, I wonder who's left running the show

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Russ I use a spotter that Full Circle in KC does for me. It is a plant based enzyme and pink, the girls love it and rave about how well it works. I think it's about 3 to 4 dollars a bottle and 12 bottles to a case. Give em a call.
1581204083052.png

Last edited:
Name
Eric
I got my labels from Kettering too. I got my bottles from Berlin Packaging and like them. About $.35 each for 8oz bottle and lid. My first batch of spotters I used Encap Green from Vacaway and my latest batch I used Carpet Details. Both work great.

Reactions: Russ T. and Ron K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom