I have a relatively simple but important idea

Why not keep an extra set of hoses on reels at your home or shop to swap out easily. I am going to get another vac hose reel to store my 2.5 inch hose and keep it at my shop. At the start of the day I can load up the hose I want to use and go to work while keeping the excess hose nicely stored. Same thing for my solution line. I hate cleaning a dirty restaurant and then have to use the hose the next day on white residential carpet. I have extra brand new hose. I'll just swap it out too.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
Why not keep an extra set of hoses on reels at your home or shop to swap out easily. I am going to get another vac hose reel to store my 2.5 inch hose and keep it at my shop. At the start of the day I can load up the hose I want to use and go to work while keeping the excess hose nicely stored. Same thing for my solution line. I hate cleaning a dirty restaurant and then have to use the hose the next day on white residential carpet. I have extra brand new hose. I'll just swap it out too.

the solution line would be easy enough.
just swap reels

the vac hose would be a bit tougher though.

Isn't your vac hose reel bolted down?
even if not, they're just a "little" heavy to be pulling in and out on a whim.

I think it would be much less hassle to just clean the vac hoses while reeling up.

..L.T.A.

Squiggy said:
danielc said:

the solution line would be easy enough.
just swap reels

the vac hose would be a bit tougher though.

Isn't your vac hose reel bolted down?
even if not, they're just a "little" heavy to be pulling in and out on a whim.

I think it would be much less hassle to just clean the vac hoses while reeling up.

..L.T.A.
You misunderstood me. Ofcourse my vac reel is bolted down. I am going to get another vac reel and put it on my shop floor. Then all I have to do if I want 2.5 inch for the day is to just pull off the 2 inch, wrap the 2.5 on, and then wrap the 2 inch on the extra reel at my shop. Basically just swapping hose from one reel to another. This will just keep the hose from getting thrown in a corner. For the solution line I would just swap out the last 100' section with a clean one for resdidential and use the dirty one or atleast until I clean it for commercial work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
This may seem overcomplicated and more expensive but it may make it easier on you. I dont' know the setup of your shop but one option is to mount the reel on wheels to move over to your van. If you are getting one reel.. why not two to keep at your shop? here is my suggestion. If you have one reel in your shop with clean hose, you have to pull all the hose either off your truck and then pull hose from your shop reel or vice versa. Either way you'll have a crap ton of hose on the floor to wind and unwind. If you have two reels, You can keep one reel empty and one to store the hose. in other words you can transfer the dirty hose right off onto an empty reel, then quickly change the vac hose from the pre loaded shop reel into the truck with out pulling winding twice. Then when you clean the dirty hose, you can pull it and clean it and put it onthe clean real to repeat the procedure in the morning if you must. Just seems like if you are going to go to the trouble to have a second the reel, the third would make a simpler change out and keep the shop more organize while saving time.

The point of this post was to provide an easy way to store 2.5 inch hose when not being used is all. For guys that haven't seen any up close it is big and takes up a lot of space. Honestly I was considering just selling the 2.5, but I know there will be jobs that I will want to have it on. I don't have the time to bundle 100 feet of 2.5 and store it. I don't think it can be done anyways. I can pull off 150 feet of 2 inch and wrap the 2.5 on in just a couple minutes. Then all I have to do is wrap the 2 inch up. Yes it may take a little longer, but I don't have room for two hose reels. I like the idea though. The last section of high pressure hose on my reel is a 100' section. I just ordered a brand new 100' section. Today I had to clean white residential carpet and the solution hose laying on the stairs left black marks from grease. Ofcourse they came out easily when I got the steps but it looks unprofessional. That could have been prevented by cleaning the hose or I could have just swapped the last section out this morning. I do need a hoser. I have never used one, but when it is 1 am and I have a job at 9:00 am in the morning, laying the hose out and pressure washing it just isn't feasable. If I had a hoser, I could just clean the vac hose off at the end of the job while wrapping the hose up.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
] Basically just swapping hose from one reel to another.

duh..
LOL thanks

2.5 IS a PITA to use
winter AND summer

we have one 50ft length and will never own more than that
But 95% of our hose runs are under 150ft and 88.79% are 125ft or less

what's your average hose run?
If under a 125ft, just put one 2.5" 50ft'r on the reel behind 100ft of 2"
That's what we do

The only time we roll out the 2.5 is if over 100ft.
cause it's not worth the PITA factor for the minimal gain at 100ft and under

BTW, I "hear" the Hoser ain't all that.
Unless you're hoses are cuffless, I hear it's near impossible to use.
and IS impossible to fit cool cuffs thru

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom