I forgot how easy encapping was!!!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How much are you guys charging got encapping?
Do you initally scrubbing with a brush or a floor pad?
do you sweep after or do you let your customer sweep?
Do you speed dry so you can sweep quicker?

For padcapping:
Are you scrubbing with a brush then bonneting?
What kinda pads are you using?
How many are you taking with you for a 2000 sq foot job?
Whats your fav chem?

Got any advice?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I encap with a cimex. I sometimes get better results encapping than hwe on commercial carpet so off the bat I dont charge less. for example a greasy car lot office, and a temp labor office the cimex worked wonders on, I have hwe both in the past and although I may have flushed more soil out the apperance was not half as good. . I try and get about .15 a sqf . Sometimes I estimate the job by the hour, for example , I have just obtained a new account with close to 75k sq feet of carrpet . alot of that is in an office call center with cubicles. it would be hard to measure so I estimated the aloted time and priced it at 170.00 per estimated hour.( you can cover way more footage by encapping ). as far as chemical my favorite is releasit ds . I have heard that hot knife by vacaway is good gut I like the ds so I stuck with it.
I let them vac.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a Cimex, a GLS and a Orbitec CX20 .

I prefer the CX because it actually removes some dirt.
I wish it was as easy to run as the other two but it vibrates like mad and can't be pushed as fast.

Cimexing and CRBing makes me feel dirty and sort of smiley when I think about how much soil I am leaving behind and charging for "cleaning"..

You can tell your self the Janitor will get it out in the next vacuuming but unless your the type who actually believes you're actually going to heaven, it's a hard pill to swallow.

I'd trade the Mex for a HOS in a heartbeat.

We scrubbed with two machines 3600 ft yesterday for .30 and it took a solid hour after the pre vacuuming was completed

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If you want to talk about encap go on http://www.encapboard.com, they won't bash you there. You can also order Rick's products there as well, like Junior said, Release-it is the best commercial encaps out there period.

Mikey...what kind of pads are you using with your CX20?

I run an Orbitec Defender with Gladiator Pads and it runs so smooth the wife thought I was taking a break because she couldn't hear the machine running.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Glads are the best fo'sure.

I've have Clark's knock offs, Tuways and some worn out Glads.

I wish Guerk would barter for a Banner here.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
You're right on the foam Mikey. I wish they all foamed like mad. Really lets you know what's going down. The only one's that I've found acceptable are Releasit and Vacaway's ENC

Lefty724

Name
E
What are your guys thoughts on encapping with a 175? That is all I have for now. If so, what pad, bonnet, or brush would you guys recommend for commercial glue down?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Mikey P said:
I have a Cimex, a GLS and a Orbitec CX20 .

I prefer the CX because it actually removes some dirt.
I wish it was as easy to run as the other two but it vibrates like mad and can't be pushed as fast.

My Brute (same machine as the CX?) was vibrating my fillings out. Clark gave me a deal on a new pad driver-bearing-counterweight assembly. Much smoooother.

I had the old pad driver with the brush bristles around the perimeter and velcro in the middle. The new driver has about a 2" lower profile, so I had to drill a couple holes in the brackets to lower the handle.

Back
Top Bottom