How many of you use air movers for everyday carpet cleaning?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
In other words do you charge extra to quick dry somones carpet or do you do it as part of your cleaning?

if you do charge how much extra do you charge for this service.

TimP

As of right now I just clean and HWE with a greenhorn hole glided wand.....I don't bring in any fans for drying. No complaints on dry times for the most part.

I've been considering buying airpath's and offering dry by the time I leave for an extra charge. However I haven't figured out how much extra or if people in my poor rural area would be willing to pay extra.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I offer it if the customer is concerned with drying it quickly. I don't really "add" money I just stick to my higher end prices.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't charge extra and I never ask. If I sense they are concerned about dry times then I bring in my fans to show I'm doing what I can to get them dry as fast as possible. If I know they are following me out the door when I'm done(which seems to be the most common)then I don't bother.

Bob Foster

Only if I have a concern due to customer scheduling. I do speed dry all my upholstery.

tim

2-4 AIRPATHS on every job, dry to the touch when we leave, every job except pet restoration

Rex Tyus

In the summer time I tell them to crank the AC(this is for my comfort but it makes them feel useful :twisted: ). In the winter I tell them to turn off the heat and open the doors until we are finished cleaning( this is for my comfort as well :wink: ), then crank it as high as they like. I have been known to bring in an airpath in if there is an event that evening. More often though I am too damn lazy to go to the trouble.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I bring two air movers in with me 90% of the time. It makes a huge difference in dry times. It takes an extra five minutes - why not?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I love my airpath, break it out about 50% of the time just because my prices are way too low.

TimP

Able 1 said:
I love my airpath, break it out about 50% of the time just because my prices are way too low.

That's exactly my thinking. I don't charge enough as it is. If I was getting paid enough to do it or I had to do it to stand out I could see doing it. If I charged enough or offered it as an add on I would do it. My customers want it dry asap but are they willing to pay an extra 3-5 cents a ft for it? I just don't know.

Able 1

Name
Keith
If i had a helper i would run them on every job, what else they going to do?

Al

Yes we use air paths on nearly every job, we charge for it and everything we do from bringing in the hoses to grooming, it's part of the value of our service. It's just included in the price.

What we do free is something extra like a small rug and door matts.

AL

Airpath, included as part of our service
drycarpet.gif
TM

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
2 Airpaths on everyjob

Dry when we leave.

Drying carpets fast has made ChemDry the biggest in the world. They did not get there from quality.

Those that don't speed dry the carpets are only getting half the referrals they could be getting.

Raedan

AdamHale said:
2 Airpaths on everyjob

Dry when we leave.

Drying carpets fast has made ChemDry the biggest in the world. They did not get there from quality.

Those that don't speed dry the carpets are only getting half the referrals they could be getting.

I agree!

Rex Tyus

AdamHale said:
2 Airpaths on everyjob

Dry when we leave.

Not that I completely disagree with your concept there Adam. But Chemdry has sold the most FRANCHISES. Stanley Steemer still owns the sales volume of carpet cleaned. I don't think they worry tooooo much about dry times. :shock:

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
2 airpaths, and Dries In Minutes!

Customers ask 2 questions... how much, and how long until its dry.

price is negotiable, dry is not!

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Force drying since day one here...1986.

A great usp , take advantage of it...

Fred Homan

I like your way of thinking Adam.....Those that don't speed dry the carpets are only getting half the referrals they could be getting.

Name
I'm Rick James
Why wouldn't you want to dry the customers carpet. If I had my carpets cleaned I would want my carpets dry quickly.
Customers may not complain if you leave it wet, but I am sure they WOULD appreciate it if it was dry and tell there friends.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd buy one of those air path fans (is that what it's called?) today if I had room on my van to carry it. With two vacuum cleaners, a big assed doodaddy filter box, a rotary and two mult-sprayers on board, there's just no more room!

Back
Top Bottom