How many JP guys do you have in your town?

Bob Foster

Programmed zealots. You know that look in their eyes... like they just got home from a national MLM convention.

Mikey P

Administrator
I see what you mean..

eyes.jpg

R

R W

We got at least one big guy that uses the "call this 800 number before you get your carpets cleaned" on his truck. I ASS-ume that is a JP product.

One here, very nice guy....uses all the ads ethical services etc. He got the free car thingy bout 3-4 years for total gross sales. Funnny thing is his sales include Janitorial,window washing,apt clean ups,wax floors.......then carpet cleaning. One of his guys told me he did 1-3 jobs a day, runs 1-2 vans for cc..... : 0

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I see em and can't believe they still use those 800 numbers and other tag lines "Warning!" crap.

Maybe this thread will draw in Stevie the CamerooN.

:shock:

Jerry

Supportive Member
Two in my small area, one independant, One Chem -who. The independant has all the written stuff on his van,800 # the whole deal. Don't know if he's busy though, don't see him running around town much....

Mikey P

Administrator
None here.

Had a guy who fixed wood furniture and decided CCing would be a nice add on,he latched on to Joe for about year and gave it a go. Failed and sold his client list to another Vortex guy here.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
LOL.....you’ll be on Ken’s Christmas card list this year!

Marketing rule #1

If you use a pic of a rug on your site make it a nice looking rug.

Greenie

You see less and less, I remember a few years back, seeing the local Temecula JP guy, his van was always in his driveway, was probably cleanig in his hood once a week, every single time...van in drive, otherwise i wouldn't have even known what a JP done up van looked like.

I do also remember a funny negative moment of truth, I think it was Las Vegas, opened the Yellow Pages (like I did in every city I visited), and right there, going head to head, two Chem-who companies with almost the same JP style Ad...full page! I knew when the franchises started in with JP, we were all headed down hill fast...lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Piranha has been made moves to target the restoration industry with their marketing.
The average carpet cleaning job is $200. The average rug cleaning job is $400. The average small flood job is $2,500.
Man they are going to get the cockroaches coming out of the closet with that statement!

They positioned themselves pretty well by hiring David Brinkley from Drieaz, and are now putting on seminars around the country, I'm sure with a new compliment of packages to a whole new market for them.

They've also made alliances with many manufacturers so their members get benefits....and I would guess a little off the top or a rebate for themselves.

I didn't like them as a carpet cleaner, but now....I really don't think I'm going to like them as they take on restoration marketing.

Vendor-Logos%20banner%2004.jpg

God help us! :shock:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
maybe a couple, i dont really pay attention :shock:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What is a jp product :?:

Is a jp product similar to a jw product :?:

I've met many jw products that were very nice.

Ooroo,

:roll:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just realized that I have no idea. I wonder just how long it's been since I looked in the yellow pages or noticed the other guys vans. It's been a long time. Not because I am all successful like Ken, but because I just don't care anymore. I was talking to a competitor of mine the other day and realized that I no longer knew what the "going rate" was for my market either.

Before long I'll be pooping in my pants and forget to change my depends.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Do they use the same quotes and tag lines on their sites and YP ads?

Have you met any of them?

Do they fit a mold?

they fit a mold all right..............it's a money making mold and it's green. Do yourself a favor and go buy em lunch

Bob Foster

admiralclean said:
Before long I'll be pooping in my pants and forget to change my depends.

This has been another marketing positive moment of truth brought to you by an iginerint pig.

CleanEvo

It's all so cheesy... I just don't see what people see in that stuff? I live in a very conservative market and that kind of advertising just wouldn't fly around here.

Now that I thought about it some more, there is a local Chem-Dry guy who uses similar to JP type advertising in the YP and almost every time I drive by his place, both his Astro vans are in the driveway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom