How Many Customers Does It Take To..........................

CobaltTed

keep a one-man one-truck operation running smoothly, in your opinion.

500,1000,5000...............?

And by this, I also mean being able to comfortably cut back on other advertising and mainly mailing to previous custys.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'll let you know when I get there. However, I'd say 20-30 (large/medium) commercial customers per month would probably do it for me.

You can have 50 $100 customers or 5 $1000 customers & make the same amount of money. The choice is yours.

Scott

A few things:

1) Define "comfortable". What's comfortable for me might not be for you

2) Why cut back on advertising that is working?

3) Not always looking for new customers is a mistake, IMHO.

4) What % are you presently budgeting for marketing?

5) Do you plan to be an o/o in your long term goals?

Scott

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
way to many variables.
for example.......

I have a strong client base but.I have a good percentage that only get there carpets cleaned once a year because they are only here 6 months out of the year........

I do very little commercial work but the few accounts I have a very large.......and once again for what ever there reason they only do the place once a year or once every year and a half.

then I have the clients that I see twice a year or the clients that have 6 or 7 rentals that I take care of..and all the reality work I do..........

don't allow yourself to get comfortable

things change all the time......we just did a mailing and got 2 back from the post office stamped that theses people have passed away........

keep building............

CobaltTed

Good points - I suppose I should have clarified a bit.

I would tend to define 'comfortable' for the average o/o as in the 8k to 10k per month at the very least.

I would never abandon advertising to gain new custys, but the prevailing theory I seem to read on the boards is:
Once established, market (constantly) to your previous client base 80% and still market for new custys 20%????

The way I'm reading this is, once you obtain X amount of clients - throttle back YP and other avenues and pour money into previous custys for refferals and consistent work from proven buyers.

Your thoughts?

G

Are you feeling okay Terje???

THAT was quite an odd post coming from you...

I'm nervous now...

Becker

Name
Becker
600-1000 active clients should keep ya busy.

Some you see every 3 months some you see every 2 years.

I'll be cleaning my 4th Comm account for the year this weekend. Hater of Comm work that can not be done M-F and not to late,

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
LOL at Chuck, I was thinking the same thing.

Active clients like Becker says is the ticket. I think I've serviced about 1100 but doubt that even 50% are active.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom