Dan
the end is nigh...

Screenshot_20190410-113601_Decibel Meter.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The ETM in my rug plant was 79. Same with pressure washer. I would have thought it was much higher, cuz i have to wear ear plugs.
I used it on BART (subway) and in some areas it was 79 also.

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Load this app and take a reading from ten feet away of your under load unit
First,

Why are you using an android phone? IDIOT! It took me ten minutes to find out my iPhone doesn't have access to your link. And second, what does your meter read when you're just sitting at your desk drinking coffee with no sound but the refrigerator in the background. The meter I installed is detecting 40db at that level. Is my app junk?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
First,

Why are you using an android phone? IDIOT! It took me ten minutes to find out my iPhone doesn't have access to your link. And second, what does your meter read when you're just sitting at your desk drinking coffee with no sound but the refrigerator in the background. The meter I installed is detecting 40db at that level. Is my app junk?
40 decibels is typical in a quiet room

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Comparison

All your TM should be at least 90 - 110 db at 10 ft. Directionally annoying to neighbor at 80db further away.

When i take my hearing aid off, it takes at least 5 feet or less to hear mikeys tm. That about 90 db. Frequency matters too. That why i ask about the about reliability of the meter. Hrtz is an important consideration in noise pollution.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have a real meter. I’ll retest my 870. No way its 104 decibels from 15 feet away. I’ll also do a new test on my Amtex since it has new exhaust

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I wouldn't take the app results as gospel, but by way of comparison my kitchen blender hurts my ears more than my TM...

admittedly my hearing is probably damaged at the frequency of my TM

Back
Top Bottom