How do I figure out Cat pump flo-rate???

Mine went bad and I had it replaced at my distributor. Noticed when we dual wanded the water pressure went down. So how do I check/compare flow-rate?
Thanks,Rob.

GRHeacock

Put the wand in a bucket, not connected to the vac. Trigger the wand for 1 minute, and measure how much water is in the bucket.

Gary

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jet number calculations are;

the first set of numbers are the spray angle degree.
ie, a 95XXX is 95 degree spray
80XXX is an 80 degree angle.
95 has a wider spray.

The last numbers are the flow rate.
They calculate those in 10ths of a gal per minute @ 40psi.
ie; a XX01 jet flows 1 thenth GPM @40psi
XX15 flows 1 1/2 GPM @ 40psi

Don't ask me what they flow at 400psi.
I don't have a slide rule and wouldn't know how to figure it with a calculator.
I don't think it's not as simple as multiplying it by ten, though.

I use Gary's suggestion.
It works for dumb a$$ CCers like me

..L.T.A.

Name
Eric Valentine
Four times the pressure will double the flow.

This was taken from the teejet website's users guide to spray nozzles
jetflowrate.jpg

Attachments

• jetflowrate.jpg
    jetflowrate.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 218

GRHeacock

Using the bucket, at 400 psi, with a 9506, single jet wand, I get 1 1/2 gallons a minute.

Generally speaking, the average hole size is 06. That is with one 06, or 2 03, or 3 02, 6 01's etc. See?

No hard and fast rule, just an average.

You can have more, or you can have less, depending on what you want to deliver to the carpet.

Gary

minuteman

A water pump pumps water and nothing more at a preset RPM of the engine, at the end of the trigger gun the tips create the pressure along with the unloader, the unloader (or pressure regulator) acts as pre pressure setting device and a release to divert the water when you release the trigger gun, the water runs back through the pump or back into the water holding tank. This said, take your Gun OFF the end of the hose, get two five gallon buckets turn on the water to your machine, turn on your machine to full speed put the end of your hose in one of the buckets and time a minute on a watch if it fills one within that minute go to the next bucket, this will give you your pump flow rate ie... 5 gallons per minute, 5.5 GPM and so on.

All of that said your problem is in the UNLOADER! The unloader has to be modified to FREE FLOW at all times or the pressure will Spike on one wand and drop on two wands when cleaning. Good Luck ! Greg Minuteman P.C.S.

minuteman said:
A water pump pumps water and nothing more at a preset RPM of the engine, at the end of the trigger gun the tips create the pressure along with the unloader, the unloader (or pressure regulator) acts as pre pressure setting device and a release to divert the water when you release the trigger gun, the water runs back through the pump or back into the water holding tank. This said, take your Gun OFF the end of the hose, get two five gallon buckets turn on the water to your machine, turn on your machine to full speed put the end of your hose in one of the buckets and time a minute on a watch if it fills one within that minute go to the next bucket, this will give you your pump flow rate ie... 5 gallons per minute, 5.5 GPM and so on.

All of that said your problem is in the UNLOADER! The unloader has to be modified to FREE FLOW at all times or the pressure will Spike on one wand and drop on two wands when cleaning. Good Luck ! Greg Minuteman P.C.S.

Good info Greg, now how do I modify the unloader???
Thanks,Rob Jr.

minuteman

Hi, sorry I didn't get to this sooner, had to go play with over paid lawyers and teach them a little law. Just take off the black handle where you adjust the pressure,right through to the guts of it and remove the spring and ball Bering put it all back together and it should be ready to go. Take care, Greg Minuteman P.C.S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom