Hoss vs rotovac 360i

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi guys, I just got a used hoss everything‘s working good on it looks like it’s spraying out of the Jets but not too much. All filters and spray bars been clean. Not sure how much is supposed to be coming out of it but I use it the other day and I’ll be honest it’s not very good compared to my Rotovac. Any ideas as to how much pressure should be running through this thing should be putting out as much water as a rotovac, etc..

Mikey P

Administrator
The rotovac is more aggressive with its sharp leading Edge and or it's built in brush feature.

The problem with the rotovac is the flood Jets can cause permanent texture damage if you let them get clogged or distorted which is easy due to them being brass. Also the construction of the unit is not beefy enough to hold up to technician or lazy owner operator abuse, especially when bouncing down staircases.

The problem with the hoss is that it wasn't aggressive enough to clean filthy carpets and who in their right minds, except severe carpal tunnel syndrome sufferers, use a slow rotor extractor to clean clean carpets and thus I believe that machine has been discontinued

Name
Matt Middleton
My current and forever RE is the T-Rex. I loved the RV, 360i, Hoss, old style RX-20 but the T-Rex is on many levels waaaay better... in my opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
My current and forever RE is the T-Rex. I loved the RV, 360i, Hoss, old style RX-20 but the T-Rex is on many levels waaaay better... in my opinion.
Ive heard that from enough respectable cleaners to assume it to be true

John's kids stayed in the industry can have a small booth at the Vegas show last week displaying the handful of tools they sell.

Mighty was not at the show, but John L was there hanging around his kids .

I would have liked to talk to him....

Im just thankful that Jehovah isnt providing with with carpet thats needs rotary extraction anymore

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hi guys, I just got a used hoss everything‘s working good on it looks like it’s spraying out of the Jets but not too much. All filters and spray bars been clean. Not sure how much is supposed to be coming out of it but I use it the other day and I’ll be honest it’s not very good compared to my Rotovac. Any ideas as to how much pressure should be running through this thing should be putting out as much water as a rotovac, etc..
I usually turn my pressure down to 250-300 on my rotovac. If you aren't getting good flow, check you quick connects. I had one clog up on me the other day. Switched hoses and it was fine. Little pieces of rubber come off sometimes .

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
Saturn the sad monkey can scrub in your prespray for excellent results .. PXL_20230922_023656645.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I have heard the mytee is great also but I worry about quality with it (i have never used one) I hate the jets on the rotovac but other than that it runs smooth and cleans well the rx20 is durable and will last forever cleans well and is freaking heavy lol

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have heard the mytee is great also but I worry about quality with it (i have never used one) I hate the jets on the rotovac but other than that it runs smooth and cleans well the rx20 is durable and will last forever cleans well and is freaking heavy lol
I hate to say that t but every, every Mytee tool I have owned has had issues . Their ideas are great but they just do t hold up. I have a day or two a month just rigging my 5 Bently wands . And John is excellent about working with you but the equipment no so much

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom