Honesty in rug sales?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cleaned a rug today, 9x12. The lady claimed it was wool and silk. That's what the people at the rug store said it was. Unfortunately there is a label on the back that says, "bamboo silk". What? Don't they know how to spell viscose? It cleaned up okay with very little pile distortion this time. Next time they will be better off throwing it away.

IMG_20190727_161135.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
That rug is supposed to look dirty/stained. Hard to believe, eh?

The label cheating is so prevalent now that the FTC can't keep up. Big retailers are making so much money selling rayon as "silk" that they're happy to pay fines when they're caught.

It can be harder to clean than real silk, so we charge as much as if it actually were silk.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That rug is supposed to look dirty/stained. Hard to believe, eh?

The label cheating is so prevalent now that the FTC can't keep up. Big retailers are making so much money selling rayon as "silk" that they're happy to pay fines when they're caught.

It can be harder to clean than real silk, so we charge as much as if it actually were silk.
It's the same with clothing. The wife and I were at a festival on the weekend. She stops by a clothing booth where the woman is selling bamboo dresses. "You mean rayon" I say. Probably killed a few sales

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I have the exact same rug under me right now as I type this lol. Its a POS, I use it to keep my computer chair from ruining the wall to wall I installed in the office.

exact same color, pattern everything... it was $130 brand new

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have the exact same rug under me right now as I type this lol. Its a POS, I use it to keep my computer chair from ruining the wall to wall I installed in the office.

exact same color, pattern everything... it was $130 brand new
It costs $270 to clean. That's the drop off price.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Cleaned a rug today, 9x12. The lady claimed it was wool and silk. That's what the people at the rug store said it was. Unfortunately there is a label on the back that says, "bamboo silk". What? Don't they know how to spell viscose? It cleaned up okay with very little pile distortion this time. Next time they will be better off throwing it away.

View attachment 92536
What’s your cleaning procedure with these?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What’s your cleaning procedure with these?
I use the truck mount with cold water only at about 250 psi to rinse. Presprayed with Prochem fine fabric cleaning solution, let dwell for 15 minutes then rinse. If they're not too heavily soiled, they may come out ok. There is nearly always some textural distortion. If there are urine or other stains, it almost impossible to treat them without doing major damage. I clean only at the customers risk. When rinsing with the truck, I use a zipper or 2 inch wand to limit the defined wand marks. Groom and hang.

Reactions: CJ-FL

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Looks like Viscose to me. Thats probably just the pic through. I would have passed. Even though there are guru's out there telling you to clean them. I don't go for it. Not the kind made with paper.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Looks like Viscose to me. Thats probably just the pic through. I would have passed. Even though there are guru's out there telling you to clean them. I don't go for it. Not the kind made with paper.
That's exactly what it is, which you would know if you read the whole thread.

Reactions: Mikey P

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Always hard to try and not tell the customer that their rug is a POS when its got viscose in it. Worst part is when the tag doesn't show the percentage of viscose in it.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Back
Top Bottom