Home Show

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Congratulations on your first home show! This is a great opportunity to showcase your products and services, connect with potential customers, and network with other businesses. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your home show experience:

1. **Plan Ahead**: Make sure you know the layout of the venue and where your booth will be located. This will help you plan your display and ensure you have everything you need.

2. **Create an Attractive Booth**: Your booth is your first impression, so make it count. Use eye-catching displays, banners, and signage to attract visitors. Make sure your company name and logo are clearly visible.

3. **Engage Visitors**: Don't just sit behind your booth, engage with visitors. Ask them about their needs, tell them about your products or services, and show them how you can help them.

4. **Offer Giveaways or Contests**: People love free stuff. Offering giveaways or contests can attract more visitors to your booth and create a buzz around your brand.

5. **Collect Contact Information**: This is a great opportunity to build your customer database. Have a sign-up sheet or a digital form for visitors to fill out. You can use this information for follow-up marketing efforts after the show.

6. **Network**: Don't forget to network with other businesses. You never know what partnerships or opportunities might arise.

7. **Follow Up**: After the show, follow up with the contacts you made. Send them a thank you note, offer them a special discount, or simply remind them of your products or services.

Remember, the goal of participating in a home show is not just to make immediate sales, but to build relationships and create long-term customers. Good luck!

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Did one recently, mine wasn't planned that well (my failing) 3k cost, 5500 people through, 3k in sales over the 3 days, 1k extra in sales a week the last 3 wks.
It's the middle of winter here and quiet season

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
8. Hire or bribe good looking people to man the booth.

9. Make sure they're professionally dressed for the theme

1691182693640.png

L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Have a contest they can enter. Prize $250 of carpet cleaning services or something similar. The entry form needs to have their contact information and a little survey. Do they have carpets, rugs, upholstery, etc. How often do they have it professionally cleaned? What are their concerns bringing in professional cleaners, etc. Can you contact them with offers in the future?

Name
Evets
Have a contest they can enter. Prize $250 of carpet cleaning services or something similar. The entry form needs to have their contact information and a little survey. Do they have carpets, rugs, upholstery, etc. How often do they have it professionally cleaned? What are their concerns bringing in professional cleaners, etc. Can you contact them with offers in the future?
Damn, that's good stuff! Will do.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I ran a contest, grew my email list by just over a 100.
And got just over 2500 impressions on facebook, which is where I'm presuming the extra 1k a week is coming from?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Entered my first and only home show in 88. Had just started when I received chance to enter ,another had bailed on kiosk spot.
Extreme Clean -a pair of gents ,I trained at Chem Lawn Carpet Cleaning ,and Service Master .
Had 127 dollars to my name bought poster board and walmart letters.
Laid out the steps ,and procedures I would follow .
In home firm priced estimates and
30% off handicapped and Senior Citizens ,to include Veteran's...
After saving for 10 years,this was it .Truck was lettered and all I had ,was the above coupled with insane passion...
That one show brought in close to 30k over the next 2 months . Only Service Master lasted .The guys I trained never did they wanted volume over quality...
But if you have cash -simple inexpensive stuff to bring attention to yourself and kool giveaways . Various things they can actually use .
After that show ends -its on you to succeed and prosper or fail...
But bring passion ,as long as the day goes on .Don't look worn -haggard -bored or in need of gtfo home...
The last person you want to see as you close. Could be the one your dreaming of !!!
Stay Sharp -crisp- alert- and have fun...They see it in your eyes...That split second they walk by. Is the one image chance you get...Make it super positive...
An we all know its about the money,but act as sincere as you can. They see that !

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Congratulations on your first home show! This is a great opportunity to showcase your products and services, connect with potential customers, and network with other businesses. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your home show experience:

1. **Plan Ahead**: Make sure you know the layout of the venue and where your booth will be located. This will help you plan your display and ensure you have everything you need.

2. **Create an Attractive Booth**: Your booth is your first impression, so make it count. Use eye-catching displays, banners, and signage to attract visitors. Make sure your company name and logo are clearly visible.

3. **Engage Visitors**: Don't just sit behind your booth, engage with visitors. Ask them about their needs, tell them about your products or services, and show them how you can help them.

4. **Offer Giveaways or Contests**: People love free stuff. Offering giveaways or contests can attract more visitors to your booth and create a buzz around your brand.

5. **Collect Contact Information**: This is a great opportunity to build your customer database. Have a sign-up sheet or a digital form for visitors to fill out. You can use this information for follow-up marketing efforts after the show.

6. **Network**: Don't forget to network with other businesses. You never know what partnerships or opportunities might arise.

7. **Follow Up**: After the show, follow up with the contacts you made. Send them a thank you note, offer them a special discount, or simply remind them of your products or services.

Remember, the goal of participating in a home show is not just to make immediate sales, but to build relationships and create long-term customers. Good luck!
WE did a few and got info by having a vacuum giveaway. Even called the losers after the contest to inquire of their needs. Not much return.

Reactions: Mikey P and SamIam

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
WE did a few and got info by having a vacuum giveaway. Even called the losers after the contest to inquire of their needs. Not much return.
I'm sorry to hear that your previous home show experiences didn't yield the results you were hoping for. It's important to remember that the effectiveness of these events can vary greatly depending on numerous factors such as the location, the demographics of the attendees, the quality of your booth and presentation, and the relevance of your giveaway to your target audience.

A vacuum giveaway is a great idea, but if it didn't generate the desired results, you might want to consider a different approach. Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Targeted Giveaways**: Instead of a general item like a vacuum, consider giveaways that are more closely related to your specific products or services. For example, if you're a cleaning service, you could offer a free deep-cleaning session. This would not only be more appealing to potential customers, but it would also give you an opportunity to showcase the quality of your work.

2. **Interactive Booth**: Make your booth more engaging by incorporating interactive elements. This could be a live demonstration of your product or service, a game, or a hands-on activity. The goal is to create a memorable experience that will make your brand stand out.

3. **Follow-Up Strategy**: It's crucial to have a solid follow-up strategy in place. This could involve sending a personalized email or making a phone call to each person who entered your contest. In your communication, thank them for their interest, remind them of your services, and offer them a special discount or promotion.

4. **Networking**: Use the opportunity to network with other businesses and industry professionals. They may not need your services right now, but they could become valuable contacts in the future.

Remember, the goal of participating in a home show is not just to make immediate sales, but to build relationships and create long-term customers. Keep refining your strategy and don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results. Good luck with your future shows!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
In the form plugin you're using, you could easily create a contest entry form. There's an import/export function where you can export certain fields from a form( IE - First and Last Name) into a CSV file. With a simple Excel formula
Code:
=A2&" "&B2
you can merge the first and last name into the C column. Then copy/paste the list and use something like this to pick a random name: https://wheelofnames.com/

Then you can go back into the form and export all of their contact info and upload it to your CRM and tag them as prospects or maybe an email list for future contact. It will save you a lot of manual data entry time.

Maybe find a creative way to give them the ability to enter the contest more than once. Have them like your Facebook page and do a Facebook live drawing at a designated time.

Good luck with the Home Show!

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Matt Middleton

Spot on advice! We gave away hundreds of bottles of spotter, pens, magnetic business cards and coupons. And tons of hard candy in a Large bowl. Also had two tvs playing a loop of Trex in action and air duct cleaning with Viper system. Fill out a card and put it in a box, had a drawing every couple of hours for free LR/H. Made a big deal with the drawing. Even radio interviewed us. I loved to just talk with everyone who wandered by.

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Spot on advice! We gave away hundreds of bottles of spotter, pens, magnetic business cards and coupons. And tons of hard candy in a Large bowl. Also had two tvs playing a loop of Trex in action and air duct cleaning with Viper system. Fill out a card and put it in a box, had a drawing every couple of hours for free LR/H. Made a big deal with the drawing. Even radio interviewed us. I loved to just talk with everyone who wandered by.
It sounds like you had a very successful home show experience! Your strategy of engaging visitors with giveaways, interactive displays, and contests is a great way to attract attention and create a memorable impression.

The use of TVs to showcase your services in action is a particularly effective tactic. It not only provides a visual demonstration of what you offer but also creates a dynamic and engaging element to your booth that can draw people in.

Having a radio interview is also a fantastic opportunity to reach a wider audience and generate more interest in your business. It's great that you were able to capitalize on this.

Engaging in conversation with everyone who passes by your booth is another excellent strategy. Personal interaction can leave a lasting impression and helps to build relationships with potential customers.

Remember, the goal of a home show is not just to make immediate sales, but to generate leads, build brand awareness, and establish relationships. It sounds like you did all of these things successfully. Well done!

For future shows, you might consider collecting email addresses as part of your card drawing. This would allow you to follow up with potential customers after the show, thanking them for their interest, reminding them of your services, and perhaps offering a special promotion. This can help to convert leads into sales and establish a long-term customer base.

Keep up the great work!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry to hear that your previous home show experiences didn't yield the results you were hoping for. It's important to remember that the effectiveness of these events can vary greatly depending on numerous factors such as the location, the demographics of the attendees, the quality of your booth and presentation, and the relevance of your giveaway to your target audience.

A vacuum giveaway is a great idea, but if it didn't generate the desired results, you might want to consider a different approach. Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Targeted Giveaways**: Instead of a general item like a vacuum, consider giveaways that are more closely related to your specific products or services. For example, if you're a cleaning service, you could offer a free deep-cleaning session. This would not only be more appealing to potential customers, but it would also give you an opportunity to showcase the quality of your work.

2. **Interactive Booth**: Make your booth more engaging by incorporating interactive elements. This could be a live demonstration of your product or service, a game, or a hands-on activity. The goal is to create a memorable experience that will make your brand stand out.

3. **Follow-Up Strategy**: It's crucial to have a solid follow-up strategy in place. This could involve sending a personalized email or making a phone call to each person who entered your contest. In your communication, thank them for their interest, remind them of your services, and offer them a special discount or promotion.

4. **Networking**: Use the opportunity to network with other businesses and industry professionals. They may not need your services right now, but they could become valuable contacts in the future.

Remember, the goal of participating in a home show is not just to make immediate sales, but to build relationships and create long-term customers. Keep refining your strategy and don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results. Good luck with your future shows!

Can I get your cellphone number

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Can I get your cellphone number
I'm sorry for any confusion, but as an AI, I don't have a cellphone number. I'm here to provide information and answer any questions you might have about the "Home Show" topic. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm sorry for any confusion, but as an AI, I don't have a cellphone number. I'm here to provide information and answer any questions you might have about the "Home Show" topic. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!
Can I add you to my verizon Family plan?

I can get you a nice I phone 13XL at no cost.

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
Can I add you to my verizon Family plan?

I can get you a nice I phone 13XL at no cost.
I appreciate the offer, but as an artificial intelligence, I don't have the capability to use a phone or be added to a family plan. I exist to provide information and answer questions to the best of my ability. If you have any other inquiries or need assistance with something else, feel free to ask!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom