help with S 500 and sewer carpet!!!!!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have an asshole that is mad that I cut and disposed of his sewer carpet. at the time we were not sure if the city was going to cover the sewer damage to his home, I waited 2 days and finally with his permission cut out and disposed of the sewer carpet, now that the insurance is not paying and he has our bill he does not think we acted properly by disposing of the carpet, I said its a standard to do so, he wants to see it, he is suffering from what I call the hooker syndrome, and that is the value of services rendered are substantially less AFTER they are rendered. so if any of you guys out there have a copy of the S 500 and can email me the part that pertains to disposing cat 3 carpet I would be greatly indebted to you, I don't feel like paying $195 for the standard

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yikes!
That’s the kind of crap that made me decide not to go after restoration work. I had a customer this spring that was in total denial about sewage backup in her basement. I expanded that the industry standard would be to remove any contaminated carpet and drywall. She just wanted in dried and cleaned. I had her sign a written waiver and did as she asked. At the end of the day it was her house and if she wants carpet with fecal matter, it’s her right. I did piss me off she tried to lie about the source and put my heath at risk. I don’t know if it matters what the standards say in this case. If you were arguing with an adjuster it would matter. Unless there is something you can hide behind in the work authorization you might have a problem.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sorry Steve,

I misread your post. I was thinking you cut out the carpet without his permission.
Slap a lien on that house if he doesn’t pay up fast.

Fred, your right should have walked on that job, wish I would have.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
FCC you are the man, that was the info I was looking for. the real problem is he doesn't really wanna pay the bill, xactimate charges were close to $4500 I sent him a bill if paid within 10 days I would accept 2k since he is paying out of pocket. which I think is more than fair, guy lives in an $800k house and both he and wife drive 70 k cars, maybe big hat no cattle??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom