help with cotton area rug.....pics

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
got a call froma customer that said their dog puked on the area in several areas..they grabbed for the resolve (i have told them a million times not to) and went to cleaning it up.
several spots and one of the spots turned white..it was the middle spot..meaning not the first or last one they cleaned. i went and looked at it and said it looked like a bleach spot.
the back of the rug is yellow/brownish.. i told them that i would come back the next day to rinse it out because my guys were out with the truck at the time.
they called later that day to say that it turned brown..i said cool it sounds like a bunch of residue and should rinse out, i get there and sure enough the spot is dark brown..the day before it was pretty much white so we bring it outside and hit it with some pure rinse water..it turns white again..and the back is still brown/yellowish.
i took a bunch of pics..any ideas??

100_0024.jpg

100_0018.jpg

100_0019.jpg

100_0020.jpg

100_0021.jpg

and the back
100_0022.jpg

100_0023.jpg

Jose Smith

Grab a set of Crayolas and color away. Any corrections beyond that is not worth it on a rug like this.

Jose Smith

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am trying to figure out what caused it to happen..she used the resolve from the same bottle on 3-4 different areas on the rug at the same time..just this one reacted
like this. i told her that there was something on the run prior to her putting the resolve on it in my opinion..i wouldnt think that the puke had
enough acid in it to do this.
dave

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with you that if the other areas didn;t bleach out there mut have been something else thast reacted with the resolve just in that spot. Cheap (ugly too) rug, I would advise to through away or hide the spot with furniture or plant etc., or just go to Walmart and buy another for 50$ :-)

Name
Jesse
I'm no pro, but I'd guess that protector was applied at some point and it had been only removed in that area allowing the resolve full access to the fiber.

I've seen protector do a damn good job at defending cotton from peroxide. I assume resolve has bleaching properties.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yep..the rug is already in the trash, i was just trying to figure out what the deal was. she has never had any protector applied to the rug and when it gets cleaned it go's
in the washer and then to the back yard to dry in the sun..
i will just chalk it up to hhmmmm
thanks
dave

GRHeacock

My bet is- someone used Oxy-Clean on it.

And they are not telling, because they do not want to get in trouble for it.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom