Hay Damon????

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Got pics?????

$225 clean and stretch one room.

It was a big room.

Shut up $1.00 a sq ft pad guys

PXL_20220622_170740200.jpg PXL_20220622_164630040.jpg PXL_20220622_191412379.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Fook stretching!

Crawling around isn't my gig. And using a knee kicker will crush your cartilage. The only way to get me to stretch carpet is if I'm selling the carpet that needs stretched. The money isn't good enough for the labor to just stretch

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Fook stretching!

Crawling around isn't my gig. And using a knee kicker will crush your cartilage. The only way to get me to stretch carpet is if I'm selling the carpet that needs stretched. The money isn't good enough for the labor to just stretch
I totally agree.

I walked from a stretch job on Monday. The PM wanted the living room stretched. I got there and the wrinkles were both on the X and Y axis. The room had 45 degree corners, hallway and closet thresholds. It was not going to be an easy stretch and I just wasn't feeling it. Told him to call an installer. He then immediately started begging me to do another one because the owner of the house was having a fit about a 2 year old new carpet that needed stretching. I told him if it's only two years old it probably wasn't stretched in the first place. Now it will be even more difficult if I need to go in and cut seams. I told him I probably can't do it.

Like I said before, now that PM's know I stretch it seems like every job they ask me to do it. I regret ever letting them know. I think I'm going to remove my power stretcher from my van. It just isn't worth it. I'm so busy with just carpet cleaning, stretching and repairs are like a road block that slow me down. I'm not looking to impress anyone with my power stretcher. I hate it.

Another thing that is most people in town don't want to stretch carpet. The installers are booked out 4-6 months. It easier for the PM to just throw it at me and hope I do it. Also there are too many unknowns with re-stretching. You don't know what you are walking into. Like a room with 45 degree corners or weird fireplace tile work that you need to recut and seam.

Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I totally agree.

I walked from a stretch job on Monday. The PM wanted the living room stretched. I got there and the wrinkles were both on the X and Y axis. The room had 45 degree corners, hallway and closet thresholds. It was not going to be an easy stretch and I just wasn't feeling it. Told him to call an installer. He then immediately started begging me to do another one because the owner of the house was having a fit about a 2 year old new carpet that needed stretching. I told him if it's only two years old it probably wasn't stretched in the first place. Now it will be even more difficult if I need to go in and cut seams. I told him I probably can't do it.

Like I said before, now that PM's know I stretch it seems like every job they ask me to do it. I regret ever letting them know. I think I'm going to remove my power stretcher from my van. It just isn't worth it. I'm so busy with just carpet cleaning, stretching and repairs are like a road block that slow me down. I'm not looking to impress anyone with my power stretcher. I hate it.

Another thing that is most people in town don't want to stretch carpet. The installers are booked out 4-6 months. It easier for the PM to just throw it at me and hope I do it. Also there are too many unknowns with re-stretching. You don't know what you are walking into. Like a room with 45 degree corners or weird fireplace tile work that you need to recut and seam.
I have up most repairs and stretching. I have a local guy here and that's all he does. He's good, my customers like him and he likes what he does. I'd rather refer him than do it myself.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom