Have you experienced warpage?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I run into it at least a few times per year.

It's happens when the carpet gets wet and expands causing knarly looking ripples and waves everywhere in the carpet.

I love the clients reaction when I tell them I will be happy to fix it for only an additional $200 per room.

Has it ever happened to you? If so, how do you explain it to them?

Reactions: SamIam

sassyotto

Name
Paul
not so fast! its not always a bad install. If I remember correctly, years ago they came out with a *new and improved* backing. problem is that it expanded in high humidity - even in hot humid days of summer, not necessarily just when it was cleaned. I dont remember what it was called-maybe the old timer experts can chime in on that one. They didnt produce it for very long though.

The first time it happened to me the carpet expanded almost a foot high. Lucky it was a vacant house. I went back the next day and it was flat again.

In any case, I carry an article from Tom Hill on my truck which explains in technical terms why this happens and just give the customer a copy. In a day or two it always goes back down to where it was before I cleaned it

Dont run across it often, maybe every 3 to 6 months or so.

NEVER EVER restretch it

Reactions: Giorgio

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What was your other name? I already forgot.

Imagine how confused I get every time Desk Jokey changes his pic.
All that because I bought a new phone and tried to log in, but I got Freded every time. He did send me a link to go back. Raser is my grandson’s real name and thought it was sexy on me😬

SamIam

Name
sam miller
not so fast! its not always a bad install. If I remember correctly, years ago they came out with a *new and improved* backing. problem is that it expanded in high humidity - even in hot humid days of summer, not necessarily just when it was cleaned. I dont remember what it was called-maybe the old timer experts can chime in on that one. They didnt produce it for very long though.

The first time it happened to me the carpet expanded almost a foot high. Lucky it was a vacant house. I went back the next day and it was flat again.

In any case, I carry an article from Tom Hill on my truck which explains in technical terms why this happens and just give the customer a copy. In a day or two it always goes back down to where it was before I cleaned it

Dont run across it often, maybe every 3 to 6 months or so.

NEVER EVER restretch it
Action back

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm like War page what strange, new Internet page is this????

Warpage, swelling, bad install, and action back.

Just like cleaning a loose poly rug it can swell!

Agreed. 👍

After your comment I had to look-it-up to make sure it was a real word.

Never seen a warped carpet not snap back into shape after drying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom