Has it grown on you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've seen a guy using that van.
I don't think they make a gas powered one...or at least they didn't use to.

Might as well get a small box truck for a better price.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
they have both gas and diesel versions with the diesel version being the most popular and overall better truck. they are of good quality but the price is unreal and the non-existing discount amaze me. when i went looking for an equipment hauler i test drove a few of these and they have a nice ride. the ride is completly different very soft compared to my box trucks.

-JB-

Name
JB
mini-sprinter?

mini-price?

CIMG0946.jpg

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
To me the sprinter is the Epitome of professionalism... I have wanted one since I first saw them as freightliners.

It has always been my goal to own one... and now that they are getting older, more nicely used ones are starting to show up for around 11k

Cargo vans/Box trucks are so MEH.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That ford is bitchin' IMO. You'd definitely stand out in the crowd. Always liked the short sprinters as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never seen the Ford before....pretty cool
How big is that compared to an everyday cargo van 2500?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the advantage of a Sprinter over a Ford or Chevy cargo van? The height is a disadvantage.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
More room, stands out more in a crowd of vehicles thereby being able to advertise better.

the hight can be a disadvantage in the parking situations but as a semi tall guy I can tell you. Being able to walk inside a van without crouching over is priceless.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
As a short guy, let me tell you how much I'd like to not have to bend and stoop in the van. I don't know how the tall guys do it, it's bad enough when you're a midget!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That ford is ridiculously cool and happening! If I had a few of these with maybe ss370 in them and did a decent job,poeple would pay just to have the cool looking van cleaning their house. IMO would be a super marketing tool and loads of cash while probably saving you loads of gas.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Robison said:
More room,

more head room
but less floor space than an ext cargo van unless you buy the longest Sprinter

is UPS still using them?
reason i ask, a few years ago I saw UPS in Sprinters every where.
Now I see the standard trucks they've always used and can't recall seeing them in a Sprinter for some time.

The only carrier I still commonly see in the POS Sprinter now-a-dayz 'roundcheer is FedX

..L.T.A.

TimP

I love the height of the sprinter and the diesel motor in theory. But that's all I like about them. I'd take a ford with a tall roof over them any day. But the price is crazy. I can see maybe a 10% price increase vs a regular van. But to add 10-15 grand or 30-50% over a standard cargo van, it's a steep price to pay.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen a few "Heaven's Best" trucks that were Sprinters, even a Servicemaster.

Awkward looking truck, the height would be nice until the Kansas wind gets a hold of you then you be wishing it had a lower profile. :wink:

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
The Dodge (Mercedes over here as well) Sprinter is a lot more reliable than the Ford Transit van. We pimp out a lot of each of these vans every year, and the Spinter is by far the nicer of the two. However over there, the LWB Transit is about $30 K cheaper than the LWB Sprinter, so that dictates that more cleaners purchase the Transit.

We have done a few of the Fiat vans recently (pHil from this board has one too), and they are by far the nicest van we have even driven or installed into.

Jim

CleanEvo

Personally I like a regular Chevy van. These days you can pick them up cheap and they do the job just fine. I guess it depends on what you run in them... for the smaller slide ins, they're all you need. The customer only cares that the van looks good and is clean, some don't even care about that.

You could almost get two Chevy's for the price of a Sprinter.

Greenie

Mercedes Sprinter vans will never go away, it's the 25mpg and 500,000 miles that keeps guys considering them. Wait til gas is $5 a gal, your 350 chevy won't be an option, you'll be eyeballing the Ford Transit for sure.

I'm looking at the Fords cause a Classic TNT is small enough to not hog the space and deliver a whole lot of punch for the buck.

K

kyle albero

I have a 2006 one ton. It is the biggest one they make with a 5 cylinder diesel. I get about 19 mpg and it has only been in the shop one time with no out of pocket expense. They all come with a 5 year 100,000 mile engine warranty. It has 50,000 miles on it and I just put tires and brakes all the way around. I bought this one for about 40,000.
I have a reactor with a 100 gallon water tank in it. It also came with dual rear wheels that came in handy when I had a blow out doing 75. And a nice partition.

I also have a 2007 2500 a got about a year ago for about 35,000. It is not as tall and not as long as my other sprinter. It has a 6 cylinder 3.0 diesel that gets 16 mpg. This truck can carry 3800 pounds!! But can only tow 5000. I have a powerclean genesis 5.6 with a 100 gallon water tank in it. This van came with sliding doors on both sides that comes in handy more than you think.

I will tell you that this is a mercedes with a dodge emblem. These vans are heavy duty. I have power window, locks,and keyless entry on both vans. I almost forgot cruise and stability control. I put the stability control to the test on my test drive. The side mirrors have blind spot mirrors too. You only have to change the oil every ten thousand miles. Both of these vans drive like a 8 cylinder. I look at all the other vans even box trucks. I got all the facts on them all. The sprinter is the best !!!

CleanEvo

Greenie said:
Mercedes Sprinter vans will never go away, it's the 25mpg and 500,000 miles that keeps guys considering them. Wait til gas is $5 a gal, your 350 chevy won't be an option, you'll be eyeballing the Ford Transit for sure.

I'm looking at the Fords cause a Classic TNT is small enough to not hog the space and deliver a whole lot of punch for the buck.

What about weight... will the Ford be able to handle it? Could you get a fresh water tank into it? If so, that may be a good set up for a 2nd van... especially with fuel prices going up.

jimn

Personally, we have done many fit-out's in the diesel Sprinter trucks with the DXT. I have driven them many miles and really like them. The cab is very quiet and it does not sound like a diesel. (My other car is a Ford Excursion diesel with a 5" exhaust and is loud to say the least)

There is enough room to stand up inside which is a plus and plenty of room to add basically anything you want with room to spare. I saw PowerClean AU fit one of these with the machine, reels, racks and even a sink... (maybe Jim B can post thos pics here)

I tried to post photos of some of the fit-outs but are having challenges with that. :shock:

The Ford looks real nice but I do not have any experience with them.

jimn

Thanks Greenie for the "posting photos advise".

Here are some pics of the Sprinter pimped out.

voot1.jpg

DSCN1817-1.jpg

DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1818.jpg

I hope this works, If not I will try something else.

If it does work, it may provide some isight with regards to how much room is available inside a Sprinter once it is properly fitted.

Ok, sorry it obviously did not work. I will try something else.....

Greenie

Don't worry Jim, once of the Admins will be along shortly to straighten out the code, you are nearly there.

jimn

Thanks Jeff, I am pretty "computer friendly" and do not have issues. I have posted photos in the past with no problem. I must be doing something wrong.. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom