has ICS become a Shark Tank?

F

FB7777

It seems that as piranhafest and roundtable approach, every other thread is a lead in to advance their respective causes

you'll have Partridge ask a leading question and then Wagner will jump in, pepper that with 50 page Report offers from the DOminican Republic or a Starbucks internet cafe, and all you have are threads with a bunch of carnival barkers talking over each other :shock:

Billy Mays would be so proud :mrgreen:

G

Personally I like ICS; They are a bunch of great guys there!!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I like to think of it as "piling on." I think we got just about all the players in on that one.

To quote from a movie masterpiece Animal House. "I am so ashamed."

Bjorn

Posted By Howard Partridge on 9/4/2009 at 7:58 AM
I can be a little to serious because there are people out there that are always trying to take pot shots at me. It's crazy because what I do is literally changing people's lives.

My friend Dave DeBlander called me yesterday, just to thank me. He just put his final step of becoming "turn-key" into place.

When I first met him, he had one low priced, struggling truck.

How can people argue with that?

it's when they start to believe their own hype

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Hate to say it, but your business can never be turn-key. If you've given up thinking and trying to improve it daily you might as well just sell everything you have, and give it up. Can a company run more smooth, with less/few errors - yes.

Bjorn

howad believes that he is the only reason for that cleaners sucksess

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Rightie Tightie said:
howad believes that he is the only reason for that cleaners sucksess

when really it's me and don't forget to see my booth at connections it's the bathrooom by the hooker bar first stall hold your breath you won't like the smell

F

FB7777

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Hate to say it, but your business can never be turn-key. If you've given up thinking and trying to improve it daily you might as well just sell everything you have, and give it up. Can a company run more smooth, with less/few errors - yes.

its all just theory until you suit up and take the field waterboy :mrgreen:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
fred boyle said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":cu1cp99f]Hate to say it, but your business can never be turn-key. If you've given up thinking and trying to improve it daily you might as well just sell everything you have, and give it up. Can a company run more smooth, with less/few errors - yes.

its all just theory until you suit up and take the field waterboy :mrgreen:[/quote:cu1cp99f]

I made you say that! You're too predictable. :p

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the thing I always say about all the gurus or anyone else selling advice on changing people's lives and making people rich, is if they are so damn good at it why the phuck are they not out doing it themselves instead of peddeling their ideas to broke dicks. why aren't partridge and joe polish the richest carpet cleaners on the planet?? its all a bullshit scam, just like all the other guru's. if you want to listen to someone's advice only listen after they have been successful and made it rich in the thing they are offering advice on.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am certainly not defending any of the guru's, but I do have to question just how accepted even a truly successful business owner would be around here. It seems to me that just about ANYBODY, truly successful or not, would face criticism around here if they tried to offer help to cleaners.

Look at the abuse Ken Snow and Steve Toburen take from some of our more negative BB posters. If Ken offers advice, they say he inherited his business and practices hack cleaning. When Steve T. chimes in with SFS comments, a small group of our more negative posters hint that he really didn't build a successful business and he must be a fake.

There is no way anyone could come to this bulletin board and offer up practical business building advice and not face condemnation from one fake Christian, a whimpy electro-mount salesman, a fat little dude from China who isn't even in the cleaning business and a small group of poor cleaners who think they need to associate with that group of losers.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Great post Marty- though I didn't inherit from my father-in -law. Just to set the record straight his children (my ex wife and her 2 siblings) elected to make me an equal partner after our separation without any coaxing from me. I was touched beyond belief. :-)

As for the negative comments here, if you have not had a chance to see Howard's business and have the chance stop in sometime. He runs a first class operation and I am sure that he is grossing what he says he is, and if you know numbers you can pretty well figure out his pretax net is between 250-400k after whatever salary he pays himself (much higher if he doesn't take one). He is an entrepenuer and I believe truly enjoys helpijng others succeed, while making his passion another profit genrating business. I don't see what's wrong with that, but I can assure you he is walking the walk as I believe Steve T, Bill Yeadon, Chuck Violand and the Jondon people do. I don't have any first hand knowledge of Joe Polishes current or past cleaning bus, but I will close with this. The best coaches in most sports worlds are not the one's who played the best, it is the ones who can coach and teach other's to put their best out on the field, course, ice or whatever.

Ken

Cameron1

Great posts by Marty and Ken.........dead on too.

btw, who is the little fat guy from China?

admiralclean said:
I am certainly not defending any of the guru's, but I do have to question just how accepted even a truly successful business owner would be around here. It seems to me that just about ANYBODY, truly successful or not, would face criticism around here if they tried to offer help to cleaners.

Look at the abuse Ken Snow and Steve Toburen take from some of our more negative BB posters. If Ken offers advice, they say he inherited his business and practices hack cleaning. When Steve T. chimes in with SFS comments, a small group of our more negative posters hint that he really didn't build a successful business and he must be a fake.

There is no way anyone could come to this bulletin board and offer up practical business building advice and not face condemnation from one fake Christian, a whimpy electro-mount salesman, a fat little dude from China who isn't even in the cleaning business and a small group of poor cleaners who think they need to associate with that group of losers.

Marty

Show me a post where where I bashed Ken or Steve ?

Bjorn

I don't have the power do delete threads when things go against me like some cleaner in Pratville who cant use a screw driver. Mwety right now is asking Howad for some free programs are I type

FUCKSUTLEY003.jpg

FUCKSUTLEY002.jpg

Cameron1

Chris Muetterties said:
admiralclean said:

Marty

Show me a post where where I bashed Ken or Steve ?

Chris........I didn't know you were from China

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That Dave Rampage thread is hilarious. I do not normally check ICS out but after reading this thread I had to.

I am sure if Freds customers got sent to that by google they would laugh just as hard. I also think that if Bristor is banned and it is very common knowledge 2 people on that thread basicly admit to posting his stuff all should be banned

Able 1

Name
Keith
steve said:
Great posts by Marty and Ken.........dead on too.

btw, who is the little fat guy from China?

Lefty loosey I would believe..

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
admiralclean said:
It seems to me that just about ANYBODY, truly successful or not, would face criticism around here if they tried to offer help to cleaners.

There is no way anyone could come to this bulletin board and offer up practical business building advice and not face condemnation ...

I am touched, Marty. Thank you. Once in awhile people just like helping others.

I honestly feel Ken Snow is in this category and deserves a huge amount of appreciation and respect. Regardless of what some insecure carpet cleaners try to imply, Ken is the real deal and people here should be grateful for his straight forward help and counsel.

Me? I'm just an slowly aging rug-sucker (but not as old as Yeadon) who also gets a kick out of helping other people. Am I subliminally promoting SFS when I try and help out? Yeah, I guess so. Guilty as charged. But only because I believe in the SFS program. I started hanging around on these BB's just to keep in touch with the industry and then I got hooked on the drama. (Can you believe it?) But take this one to the bank: Big Billy Yeadon, Chuck Violand and myself we all get paid the same whether 10 people or 50 show up for any given SFS seminar. (Fortunately for the future of the SFS program our seminars for 2009 are sold out and 2010 is filling up nicely.) So there is no direct financial incentive for any of us to shill for SFS.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Am I a "fake" and "really didn't build a successful business"? Don't think so. I guess I could send my business tax returns for the last ten years I was in business to Mikey so he could audit them and give me the MB "seal of approval". But then someone else would make a snarky negative comment and the whole thing would start again ... Instead, I would suggest anyone who is skeptical of what I am all about go to http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com and check out this industry resource web site. It is all free and with no high pressure/spam/snake oil selling. Once again, sometimes people just like helping others with no weird, hidden agenda. But it is hard to convince some and that is the way it will always be. One of my favorite sayings that is proved true on a daily basis is: "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Bjorn

guess we will have to learn to be property managers to really break free of the carpet cleaning business eh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom