Has a 20 plus truck company ever kept busy and profitable on

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
What I see is the young guys are too weak to work as hard as you have to as a carpet cleaner.
The physically tough kids have a work ethic and good jobs.
This is what I am finding I run guys into the ground they say they want to work as much as possible and earn good money but they can’t keep up the pace very long

The new “men” need days off often
less workload
and everything needs to be easy

I give my guys new equipment their own van and weekly checkups with them on their workload and stress levels
this still isn’t enough but I have learned how to keep good ones for along time

Brian H

Name
Brian H
This is an interesting conversation. We like to think we deliver superior results at an affordable price. Our customers know what to expect when dealing with our company. We are a 3rd generation company with a physical address(es) and have a reputation for standing behind the work we do.

When I look for a contractor to do work for me, I will usually go with someone I already know or by recommendation of a friend. When that is not possible though I have a tendency to go with larger companies who will be able to provide me with recourse if there are issues. I have been burned in the past though using owner operators or very small companies. If they don't follow through, they just stop taking your phone call.

You might hit a home run too, and get someone who really does care, like most everyone on Mikey's Board. Or you might end up with a contractor who is not that good and you feel cheated.

I am certainly not saying there is anything wrong with being an owner operator. There are days I really wish I was one!! I think there are places where both an O/O and a larger company are both needed.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you are, as you say, offering quality service, then how do you account for your unusual success with obtaining and keeping quality employees.? Everybody these day seem to be having problems.

steve_64

If you are, as you say, offering quality service, then how do you account for your unusual success with obtaining and keeping quality employees.? Everybody these day seem to be having problems.
No new hires.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I don't see that those two issues are related. There are a lot of good people out there who take pride in their work. Sadly though we are like everyone else lately trying to attract new employees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom