Hard surface tool recommendations?

jam

Name
Jeff McAffer
I'm not "in the business", just a homeowner with an increasing amount of hard surface to care for. I hope that's OK in this forum.

We're renovating and will end up with ~1500sqft of densified, sealed, polished concrete (garage, shop, storage, ...), 500 sqft of VCT or Marmoleum, a bunch of tile (kitchen, halls, bathrooms, decks, ...), and a lot of hardwood (not really expecting to use this on the hardwood).

This use case is more like Home Depot doing nightly/weekly maintenance than "cleaning" 10 years of crud from a grow-op so we don't need amazing scrubbing power. I started looking at consumer hard surface tools but didn't find anything that seemed like it would scale (fine for doing 200sqft of kitchen but tiresome for much more). At the same time, full on extractor setups are more expensive and bulky than we were hoping for.

I was considering getting a decent wand/squeegee head and using house pressure for water supply and a shop vac for pickup. @Mikey P recently posted about the new WestPack 12" 2 jet head/wand. That looks pretty reasonable. I know this won't even come close to a professional system like all y'all are using but is it worth considering? If not, is there something in this middle ground?

Mikey P

Administrator
This is
I'm not "in the business", just a homeowner with an increasing amount of hard surface to care for. I hope that's OK in this forum.

We're renovating and will end up with ~1500sqft of densified, sealed, polished concrete (garage, shop, storage, ...), 500 sqft of VCT or Marmoleum, a bunch of tile (kitchen, halls, bathrooms, decks, ...), and a lot of hardwood (not really expecting to use this on the hardwood).

This use case is more like Home Depot doing nightly/weekly maintenance than "cleaning" 10 years of crud from a grow-op so we don't need amazing scrubbing power. I started looking at consumer hard surface tools but didn't find anything that seemed like it would scale (fine for doing 200sqft of kitchen but tiresome for much more). At the same time, full on extractor setups are more expensive and bulky than we were hoping for.

I was considering getting a decent wand/squeegee head and using house pressure for water supply and a shop vac for pickup. @Mikey P recently posted about the new WestPack 12" 2 jet head/wand. That looks pretty reasonable. I know this won't even come close to a professional system like all y'all are using but is it worth considering? If not, is there something in this middle ground?
This...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom