Had a talk with a doctor today….

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
My mother has allergies.
Doc says most likely it’s the carpets.
I said, “But doc, carpets trap dust dander and everything else that falls in. Remains there until vacuuming. With Hard surface floors, dust dander and everything else sits there until you walk by uprooting the dust dander and everything back into the air until it falls back onto the floor.
“A good example is to sprinkle powder on both floors. Blow and watch hard surface dust dander and everything else fly into the air. With carpet, it traps everything until vacuuming”
He says, “dust gets scattered with hair surface floors.
I said, “But where does it go once it’s scattered?

He was not changing his mind.

No matter how you slice and dice that facts, some people ain’t edumacadable.

Mikey P

Administrator
My mother has allergies.
I said, “But doc, carpets trap dust dander and everything else that falls in. Remains there until vacuuming. With Hard surface floors, dust dander and everything else sits there until you walk by uprooting the dust dander and everything back into the air until it falls back onto the floor.
“A good example is to sprinkle powder on both floors. Blow and watch hard surface dust dander and everything else fly into the air. With carpet, it traps everything until vacuuming”

Have you cleaned her bed, frame and floor underneath recently?

FredC

Village Idiot
no workie
- Traps soil at floor level where you're not breathing it. -
I'm not sure this isn't more of a plausible sales line than actual fact.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm not sure this isn't more of a plausible sales line than actual fact.

You just have to look at soil filtration lines. That's pollutants that the carpet has filtered out of the air, which you are not breathing. Combine carpets with good vacuuming with HEPA filtered vacuums and regular cleaning and I would say they are good for you. Especially when it comes to slip and fall hazards. Better traction on a carpet and if you fall, it cushions you better than a hard floor.

FredC

Village Idiot
Combine carpets with good vacuuming with HEPA filtered vacuums and regular cleaning and I would say they are good for you.

do the same with "hard" surfaces and I would say they are better for you...

the idea that having a bunch of stuff trapped in your floor to feed other allergen producers like dust mites is a good thing is flawed imo (and according to many studies reviewed in the study above)

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
You just have to look at soil filtration lines. That's pollutants that the carpet has filtered out of the air, which you are not breathing. Combine carpets with good vacuuming with HEPA filtered vacuums and regular cleaning and I would say they are good for you. Especially when it comes to slip and fall hazards. Better traction on a carpet and if you fall, it cushions you better than a hard floor.
Totally agree. Well put.

Luky

Name
Mario
You just have to look at soil filtration lines. That's pollutants that the carpet has filtered out of the air, which you are not breathing. Combine carpets with good vacuuming with HEPA filtered vacuums and regular cleaning and I would say they are good for you, especially when it comes to slip and fall hazards. Better traction on a carpet, and if you fall, it cushions you better than a hard floor.
We get many sources of pollutants in the house, a big one caused by industrial impact( factories and such). Still, somehow customers are not willing to understand that air seeps through the cracks of the house construction and all the crap coming with it accumulates in areas when its speed is the greatest, around the baseboards, under the doors, and in tight spaces. Off-white carpet that hasn't been clean for ages is the worst. The quality of furnace filters is getting better, but that doesn't prevent homeowners from buying flimsy ones that are often sucked in the blower. I'm considering providing my customers with a to-do list to help control pollutants and breathe cleaner air in the home. The main items are vacuuming the carpet, upholstery, and replacing furnace filters regularly. Using top-notch air cleaners with Hepa filters won't help much in filtering swirly dust.
Improvement must start with regularly maintaining ducts and porous and innate surfaces. I practice it in my house, and I don't see the reason why can't others, especially with asthma and other health conditions

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm gonna throw one in from the bunks:

Ceiling fans and free standing fans are the main culprit of allergies, whether you have hard or carpeted floors. Turn on that fan and there goes the allergens.

Now for me, since I live in a stupid low ass ceiling trailer, I turn on my HVAC fan on every night and let it run all night. Besides providing that smooth sound to lull us to sleep, it constantly filters out the air, unlike the ceiling fans from the idiots who turn them on. Now add that in with vacuuming at a minimum of once/week and cleaning carpet when suggested, you got lower allergies than a hard surface floor.

BOOM! I win

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My mother has allergies.

Doctors, and others of advanced education, are often impervious to the arguments of those who they see as part of the uneducated masses.

I had a doctor get up, and before he walked out of the room said: "Go ahead and diagnose yourself then!"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Doctors, and others of advanced education, are often impervious to the arguments of those who they see as part of the uneducated masses.

I had a doctor get up, and before he walked out of the room said: "Go ahead and diagnose yourself then!"
They're jealous of YouTube and google.

They've been comfortable with being RX salesmen, they're not used to having competition. They're almost like overpaid brats

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I now am fortunate to have a great doctor who not only listens, but asks my advice about business, textile cleaning, and how what we do helps his patients.

I've seen him a bit too much of late.....you never want to be an "interesting" patient.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
They're jealous of YouTube and google.

They've been comfortable with being RX salesmen, they're not used to having competition. They're almost like overpaid brats
Wait until they get a load of the AI programs that are coming over the next decade.

ChatGPT blows most general practitioners out of the water.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

You too?

• Haha
Reactions: KevinL

Luky

Name
Mario
Doctors and others of advanced education are often impervious to the arguments of those they see as part of the uneducated masses.

I had a doctor get up, and before he walked out of the room, he said: "Go ahead and diagnose yourself then!"
Thank you for your comment about the medical field, Jim. I got a letter from my health provider telling me that my doctor is not affiliated with them anymore. I didn't give a second thought to what had happened to my doctor until today when I was picking up my meds and asking if I still had a refill on a different one. " Your doctor's license had expired."( I believe expired is a nice word for revoked, suspended, or worse)
I'm heading for my new doctor's appointment on Monday, and I'll ask questions about lab results from the end of last year. Speaking to a doctor is the same as talking to a blank monitor; it's staring at you with no answers.
I like my customers to be informed; not only do they see that I protect their flooring and the walls, but I also encourage them to ask questions about the whole cleaning process. In my personal opinion, a well-informed customer is a happy customer.
We, as a patient, shouldn't be exposed to " splash and dash" practices.

Reactions: Hoody and KevinL

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Aside from visiting dentists, I don't think I've been to a "medical doctor" in almost 20 years. After watching the supposed health experts mislead people so grossly in the past few years I think I may wait another 20. Surely if one of my fingers get chopped off I'll go pay them a visit. Not to paint every single one of them with a broad brush as I'm sure there are good ones out there, but in my experience and through that of my family's, I haven't found any that demonstrate wisdom, but rather very limited and specified knowledge as drug dealers and glorified butchers.

Reactions: Mikey P and KevinL

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
There are good ones and bad ones of course. As in any #calling, some were sent, and some just went🤷🏼‍♂️ My last surgery, gall bladder, the surgeon was excellent! I mean excellent. Very very surprised that a year after my surgery he committed suicide over an affair. A former
Cardiologist I had was a tremendous young doctor. Listened and informed and treated me with personal care, only to have his career cut short after being drunk and running over another doctor and killing him, and being sent to prison for life😩 The pressure of those jobs take a toll a lot of times. It’s sad!

• Wow
Reactions: Bryce C and KevinL

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
There are good ones and bad ones of course. As in any #calling, some were sent, and some just went🤷🏼‍♂️ My last surgery, gall bladder, the surgeon was excellent! I mean excellent. Very very surprised that a year after my surgery he committed suicide over an affair. A former
Cardiologist I had was a tremendous young doctor. Listened and informed and treated me with personal care, only to have his career cut short after being drunk and running over another doctor and killing him, and being sent to prison for life😩 The pressure of those jobs take a toll a lot of times. It’s sad!
I guess I have a few wounds surrounding the whole thing. Definitely a bunch of good folks out there though good call.

Holy cow that's terrible, sorry to hear that about the great Cardiologist man.

• Sad
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Both are heartbreaking stories in their own right🥲 My cardiologist was an awesome doctor. My current doctor, one of his associates said it was hard for them, but we have to move forward. He is equally good. If he falls off a cliff, I might have a heart attack 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Bryce C

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

And DON'T ever mention Google.....it really makes em mad!!!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I usually know more than the doctors these days. The more you get to know how they think the better off you will be. Most want to get as many people thru the door and throw pills at people to solve their problems. Think of them as those mechanics who don't know anything but to throw parts at a car hoping to fix them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom