Gumolene

Chads

Supportive Member
I was just looking at that Gumolene yesterday wondering if it was anygood too. Pig boy helgel is okay but still does not cut the cake like it should. best so far for me is the pro-solve from cti but 5 dollars a tube is kinda of stiff, I just stick to using my scissors most of the time with a very careful process not to remove hardley any fiber material at all.

MerCrewser

works like all the others, works good. I stopped using it only because I didnt like the new metal can it comes in. ackward to pour. I used it as gum/general spotter and booster.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh good grief ... nothing affordable is going to desolve the gum instantly and without any agitation. Hel-Gel, with at bit of dwell time (like 5 freakin minutes) will take out the gum just fine if you scrape it a bit with a paint can opener or a carpet shark. Plus, it leaves absolutely no harmful residue and there is no chance of delamination with it.

"Doesn't work as it should ... " my ass.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Gumolene - works well but leaves an extreme residue. Once you remove the problem spot using Gumolene, you need to de-foam the area and rinse very well, or you'll be getting a callback.

If your truckmount has enough heat, you don't need no stinkin' chemical at all to get gum, and candle wax out of the carpet.

Chads

Supportive Member
Trust me I have plenty of heat. and gum dosent just melt out of the carpet. I have used almost all gum products out there and have used plenty of dwell time. and none of them do the job like they should. Wax comes out easy with heat, Gum dosent it makes nasty messes. And I do use a carpet shark for aggitation before i put the gel on and then some times even a second coat with aggitation and still not good enough results for me I want that crap gone. I have to deal with gum all the time in the nasty apartments I deal with all the time. gum on a commercial carpet is alot easyier to get out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
High heat with a glide just smears the gum. If you use a hydroforce sprayer and do the gun and cuff method, high heat works great.

But I'd rather just put some Hel-Gel on it when I vacuum. By the time I get back to it, a little scrape and poof ... it's gone.

I suppose if I couldn't spell "easyier", then I might have a problem following directions.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
The last time I used gumolene rinsing a spot the size of a fifty cent piece was enough to load up a hundred feet of vacuum hose so bad with foam in nearly choked the vacuum down to nothing.
It is possible they have reformulated this product since I used it way back when they first came out with it.

Chads

Supportive Member
Boy I guess I should be embarassed if If the guy that cant figure out why his machine wont run because the key is off, But can get out gum and I cant :oops:

Fred Homan

3M Gum remover works great (No sticky residue) or exclude by DSC....AND that stainless metal tool from Taf....NOT those plastic tools that do not last.....

Name
Kevin McCreary
We have used gumoline since 1984 and it seems to do the trick for us. It has butyl in it,
but its not like your spraying it in the air. It works better than most de-limone products I have tried
however a little drop of it goes along way. Chemiesters makes some really good products.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
We have been using Gumolene for many years. Like Kevin said, a small drop goes a long way. We use it for removing gum, grease, tar, make-up, especially cover-up. It does not come in the metal can anymore. The last case I bought, came in plastic jugs.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
Oh good grief ... nothing affordable is going to desolve the gum instantly and without any agitation. Hel-Gel, with at bit of dwell time (like 5 freakin minutes) will take out the gum just fine if you scrape it a bit with a paint can opener or a carpet shark. Plus, it leaves absolutely no harmful residue and there is no chance of delamination with it.

"Doesn't work as it should ... " my ass.

Ultimately, Marty is correct about Hel-Gel. It is the only foam style gum remover I've run across, which means it won't delaminate the carpet backing while it loosen the gum from the carpet. A little dwell (not much needed) and a little agitation with a Gum-Getter and the gum just rubs off. Gumoline is a superb spotter for heavy grease and soot areas with it's butyl and d-Limolene and God knows what else, but I don't use it for gum. It is way too concentrated to use straight out of the can.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I know I used it back in the day for a prespray booster or on some Ghetto white synthetic couch as a prespray
and if it contacts your skin over and over again, your hands will start to split open. God forbid you get it on your hands
and touch your mouth by accident. Your lips will go numb, I wonder what happens when you inhale it???? Cocaine?

R

R W

Anyone still using WD40 for gum spots???

Gumolene leaves lots of residue.

Ron K

I use the scorching heat from my Pro-Chem Legend with my single jet Steamway wand and my 1.5" whip line.
P.S. I'm running right after I hit the enter button see you all in Vegas.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
JHC.

If you're gonna use that crap, why not just buy a cheap can of vandalism remover.

the good stuff is at Sherwin Williams
TS4 or something like that.
They don't keep it out front on the shelves
It's kept in the back
Makes Xylene, Acetone, Lacquer thinner, toluene or straight d'lime look like kid stuff

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Spawn said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
JHC.

If you're gonna use that crap, why not just buy a cheap can of vandalism remover.

It's kept in the back
Makes Xylene, Acetone, Lacquer thinner, toluene or straight d'lime look like kid stuff

..L.T.A.

You can buy it at a lot of Jan-San places too. $25 bucks a case or some crazy price. Think 12 come in a case.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Spawn said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":1f59tyzw]JHC.

It's kept in the back

..L.T.A.

You can buy it at a lot of Jan-San places too. $25 bucks a case or some crazy price. Think 12 come in a case.[/quote:1f59tyzw]

You wouldn't use that in a customers house unless you opened all the windows. Vandalism remover is something your helper would inhale in a paper bag late at night. Gumolene is non-volatile and wouldn't knock your custy on her ass.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
You can buy it at a lot of Jan-San places too. $25 bucks a case or some crazy price. Think 12 come in a case.

$25 a "case" ??

I WISH..

more like $25+ a qt :shock:

The Sherwin Williams mangr gave me a free gal to try a few years ago.
I had no idea it was so expensive til after I used that gal i had to buy some.

http://catalog.specjan.com/catalogprodu ... MULTI+22OZ

it's tremendous chit though.
We used it this week to remove years old deck stain from vinyl siding.
It also emulsifies spray paint faster than anything I've tried

the chit is the da bomb!

Art, we've never tried it on carpet, but it doesn't have a strong "mind altering" inhalation problem like many aggressive solvents

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Spawn said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:

$25 a "case" ??

I WISH..

more like $25+ a qt :shock:

The Sherwin Williams mangr gave me a free gal to try a few years ago.
I had no idea it was so expensive til after I used that gal i had to buy some.

http://catalog.specjan.com/catalogprodu ... MULTI+22OZ

it's tremendous chit though.
We used it this week to remove years old deck stain from vinyl siding.
It also emulsifies spray paint faster than anything I've tried

the chit is the da bomb!

Art, we've never tried it on carpet, but it doesn't have a strong "mind altering" inhalation problem like many aggressive solvents

..L.T.A.

Okay so I was off on the price

http://www.wholesalejanitorialsupply.co ... k-Remover/

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Ron K said:
I use the scorching heat from my Pro-Chem Legend with my single jet Steamway wand and my 1.5" whip line.
P.S. I'm running right after I hit the enter button see you all in Vegas.

Finally, Someone who appreciates the value of a good single jet wand. Place that jet right over the gum spot blast it with the heat soften it up apply P.O.G rinse it right out :wink:

Back
Top Bottom