Growing too fast!

Connor

Name
Connor
As a plumber, I really appreciate an encapsulated crawlspace. They're not so great when a pipe breaks above the barrier and the entire place is a festering pool of sewage, or a pipe breaks under the barrier and it's like a waterbed underneath. I have a roll of the six inch vinyl tape on the van incase I have to cut into the barrier. I think cut joints are supposed to be overlapped in double layers, but I leave that up to the customer to figure out, if more barrier is needed.

Reactions: Greg Cole

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
As a plumber, I really appreciate an encapsulated crawlspace. They're not so great when a pipe breaks above the barrier and the entire place is a festering pool of sewage, or a pipe breaks under the barrier and it's like a waterbed underneath. I have a roll of the six inch vinyl tape on the van incase I have to cut into the barrier. I think cut joints are supposed to be overlapped in double layers, but I leave that up to the customer to figure out, if more barrier is needed.

Be careful cutting them without permission of the waterproofing company. It's standard that if someone cuts it (even if they repair it) - they void the warranty. Best to call company that owns the warranty and get permission first

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Connor

Connor

Name
Connor
Be careful cutting them without permission of the waterproofing company. It's standard that if someone cuts it (even if they repair it) - they void the warranty. Best to call company that owns the warranty and get permission first
How do you find out who installed it? The stuff I see isn't branded.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In an emergency, it's just going to get cut. Any repairs or warranty concerns will be part of the insurance claim or the responsibility of the home owner if they don't have insurance.

Connor

Name
Connor
In an emergency, it's just going to get cut. Any repairs or warranty concerns will be part of the insurance claim or the responsibility of the home owner if they don't have insurance.
Recently I replaced a water heater in an encapsulated crawlspace. I had to cut a hole in the barrier to install the drain for the pan. There wasn't any insurance company notified in that case. I just made a hole in the barrier, drilled the opening in the brick. run the drain out, and seal the pipe to the barrier with the tape. I guess it's good enough. I suppose a sign under the house from the installer would be helpful.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Recently I replaced a water heater in an encapsulated crawlspace. I had to cut a hole in the barrier to install the drain for the pan. There wasn't any insurance company notified in that case. I just made a hole in the barrier, drilled the opening in the brick. run the drain out, and seal the pipe to the barrier with the tape. I guess it's good enough. I suppose a sign under the house from the installer would be helpful.
As long as you let the home owner what you did, its good. Up to them to take any further action.

Reactions: RobMLyon

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
As long as you let the home owner what you did, its good. Up to them to take any further action.
Informing the waterproofing company before it's done usually allows the client to keep their warranty. You have no liability if you don't, but I personally think it's good business to help your client keep the warranty of their $7-$15k system intact...……. up to you what you choose to do with that information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom