Google Places Map labels Question

Hi All,
Do any of you have your business name appear when you zoom into google maps. below is a map of our neighborhood. you can see the post office and the catering company etc....
I have been trying to get our name to show up for YEARS. I have verified my listing in places. I checked to make sure I was not doing anything wrong. We have even gone to the local Google offices. to no avail.
So i did a larger search and entered "Carpet Cleaner" into Google maps lots of little red dots showed up, but when I zoomed in, none of them showed the name of the business on the map.....

SO..... do any of your business names show up ON the map? if so please let me know.

thanks for your input,

Melissa

FredC

Village Idiot
I think if you research POI (points of interest) and the different databases and put enough effort into it you could make it happen..............but why

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
FredC said:
I think if you research POI (points of interest) and the different databases and put enough effort into it you could make it happen..............but why
We would like people to see Nelson carpet cleaning on the map when they look at the map, and then be able to see our office.

FredC

Village Idiot
I know what you want to do....but why?

but looking at the map should give you the answer and how to accomplish it if your REALLY wanted to.....but that may have negative effects

First...No...carpet cleaners are not going to show as a POI....only certain categories do...so your business would have to be listed in one of those
2nd...even with a business category query that displays business names...it does not do so at default zoom.
The default zoom level displays landmark POIs....shopping centers, parks, municipal buildings, cemeteries, etc
People would have to zoom in two levels to reach the point where business names are displayed......and then only some as determined by the algorithm

highsteam

Name
Alberto
I agree with the POI thing and also because our businesses most of the time are categorized as mobile biz. Meaning that we go to our customers instead of customers coming to us. Some will have a show room or rug spa, which places page should be set up as a physical location.

The only tip they give is when you search an address it gives you a list of businesses under that address (suite a, b , c..)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom