Google Places....Area coverage

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, maybe Fred can help out here.

I've been doing some testing on the Google Places page for the areas served.

You can make it so the location you list is where people will go...even if they don't go there

You can put in a radius of however many miles around your location

You can put in zip codes that you service.

My test was probably a little quick but when I did the areas around my location I seemed to fall down the list a bit and lost my top spot.

When I left it on the "everyone comes to my location" setting...it seemed to do better.

My test now...all be it amaturish...is searching out other Google places listings to see how they are working and what they are doing.

I'm finding that over time (it seems) that the listings that have an area radius around their location are popping up fairly well in the area around them in a local search.
AND they will have close to a top spot in the city of their address...sometimes the top spot.

Fred fcc.....have you been monitoring this? What do you think?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
By the way...I like the zip code idea better than the radius coverage.....but not sure which will work better for search placement....not sure it makes a difference between those two.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I seem to do well in many of the small towns around here with-in 30 miles. Except the few small towns that have a local carpet cleaner. Then they are usually the only cleaner listed.

Tips?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave...how are you listed in Google Places...do you give your coverage area?
Or are you just listed as your address only?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I do have a few towns listed in Places Areas served.

The funny thing is. I don't show up in most of them because they have a local cleaner.

I do however show up in many of the other towns with-in 30 miles.(Usually on top)Without any mention of them in Places.

I think that client reviews and having the towns listed on my web page help.

Remember that Places listings and webpages are now merged into the Places listing.

What helps one helps the other.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom