Google, friend of foe?.....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Talked with Mumbai yesterday about my google biz page ranking. Tells me I've only completed 82.5% of my profile/update info. "WTF are you talking about dude"? He splains to me in incredible english after looking at all my biz info that "I haven't responded to my reviews"

Then I grill him about how and why and when was I supposed to respond to favorable reviews? He sends me an email to back up what we talked about. I go and look at other cleaners who are ranked right at the top and one by one I see they have not responded to their favorable reviews. Google employees must have the random wheel of bullsh.. answers they keep grabbing from the longer you keep them on the phone asking them to splain things.....

FredC

Village Idiot
Responding to reviews in general very likely has positive weight.

It also likely has a positive effect on a potential customers impression of your company.

Customers at the top not responding and still ranking doesn't really mean anything............

FredC

Village Idiot
A quick glance in your area only shows Delta Steamway responding to favorable reviews but their site really kinda sucks From an seo standpoint) so when you take away a huge ranking factor you can't make up for it by doing well with a small one. Although I'm sure it helps once someone actually reads their reviews.

Interesting to me is that with the exception of one outlier, who doesn't have a site, the top results have local guides leaving reviews. ;)

I hate the local guide thing with a passion for other reasons like it creates a bunch of fake reviews on B&M/physical locations.....but something to think about here

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
jack zerkie
I'm not on Google I use Giggle cant afford Google. What is the cost to be #1 on google each month I know each area is different; but is anyone willing to say what the cost is ? Thank you jz.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Your biggest issue right now is your Google listing says your business name is Noble Carpet & Floor Care and the rest of the internet says you're Noble Carpet & Floor Care and Noble Carpet Cleaners. Inconsistency with that information will sack your maps ranking the most. You can't have two business names with the same phone number. As well as two businesses that are categorized the same at the same address. Get that cleaned up and be consistent with one business name across the internet and you'll likely significantly increase in ranking.

But you'll likely drop if you do make it to the 3 pack because there's some conversion issues with you website and elements you should add like click to call buttons for mobile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom