Getting workers' comp through quickbooks instead of a traditional insurance company

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Unless you have employees, what does it matter? It certainly wouldn’t matter unless you were doing a lot of commercial that might require a certificate of coverage, and that’s rare.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Bite me! He asked the pros and cons Idiot! I gave him the con. Why go through the rigmarole for a sole proprietor. I don’t know how it would benefit a sole proprietor
unless he wanted or needed to pay his premium in payments, and I doubt that’s the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Unless you have employees, what does it matter? It certainly wouldn’t matter unless you were doing a lot of commercial that might require a certificate of coverage, and that’s rare.
Re-read my post.

I’m wanting to know the pros of getting WC through QuickBooks, instead of an insurance agent

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

hogjowl

Idiot™
They told me, when selling me the on-line version, that year end tax prep was free through them. I stopped them and questioned that. He put me on hold, supposedly checked with their corporate tax division, and came back saying yes.

I don’t believe them.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You do know that workman comp rates are set by each state. The only deviation would be by experience modifier. So, they can’t be cheaper like other risks. The only benefit to an online insurer like that is if you have A large monthly payroll and didn’t want to mess with it. Now idiot.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Someone suggested this to me several months ago and I can't remember who it was

workers-compensation

Does anyone on here use this? Pro's and Cons?

Thanks
We use ADP. The "pay as you go" has made it better than monthly audits to determine amount due.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I'll reach out to them and get some info. thanks
We pay like $90 per pay period but it only 2 people. It was recomended by our accountant to avoid mistakes, penalties and surprises of owed money. Im pretty far removed from it, not my job.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It looks like QB uses Next Insurance and they go on monthly payroll. I got the price at $232/month @ $807/week of payroll with the waiver of subrogation included in the policy

Has anyone used Next? Does this look like a decent price on WC?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’d sure check locally with an independent agent.
My local agent wanted $1500 up front. I haven't asked anyone else locally yet. I have another customer that owns insurance locally, so I'll probably go see him in a few days to see what he has to say

The reason my agent wanted $1500 up front is because i've been in business so long, they think It's high risk. that was their words. I haven't filed any claims, so I don't understand what she meant by that. I think insurance is a scam.

This method that goes off payroll seems like the best way so far.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You need to see another agent. That one sounds like an IDIOT. It’s not high risk. You can also go through the state (Georgia) to obtain it. Every state is different, but the same.

Dr. Kleen

Name
Jodi Fandozzi
Ive been using Paychex for about 9 years and get W/C through them (Guard Insurance Co.). I have 4 part timers that average about 15 - 25 hours/week each. Usually runs around $66 - $110/week I think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom