Getting to know Willy Parsons

Mikey P

Administrator
-What led you to get into this business?

-Describe your best cheerleader and what it took to make him or her so.

-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?

-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?

-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?

-How have the Boards helped your biz?

-For a guy who appreciates the finer things in life were you not the slightest bit disappointed when you opened the Cross Threaded box?

-Do you have anger issues?

-One CD on that deserted island, which will it be?

Bob Foster

I want to know about his BB experience with that other motley crew he and BaWb were tied up with. What's with that Willy?

Do you like the big machine from Mytee? Would you buy one?

Is it safe for you to cross the border into the US of A? :p

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
I want to know about his BB experience with that other motley crew he and BaWb were tied up with. What's with that Willy?

LOL@Foster

G

Willy, in case you didn't know, Bob has banned me from his rubber room. What I want to ask you is, do you remember our phone convo when you told me that Bob just does NOT like me! And that it was simply because I am a Christian? I confronted him about it and he flipped out and started yelling that "Willy is #@%##* lying!"

So who's the one not telling the truth, Willy?

And is there really such a thing as a posse? Why does Bob go around saying, "I'm gonna get my possee after ya!" Drug induced incoherent babblings and nothing more?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Josh said:
Willy, in case you didn't know, Bob has banned me from his rubber room. What I want to ask you is, do you remember our phone convo when you told me that Bob just does NOT like me! And that it was simply because I am a Christian? I confronted him about it and he flipped out and started yelling that "Willy is #@%##* lying!"

So who's the one not telling the truth, Willy?

And is there really such a thing as a posse? Why does Bob go around saying, "I'm gonna get my possee after ya!" Drug induced incoherent babblings and nothing more?

josh...i can see that yous is a little upset over this whole ordeal and grasping at straws.....
but now...
YOR JUS MAKIN' SHIT UP!

talk about incoherent babblings?

G

I aint making nothing up! Want me to post what you said?

You already banned me from there!!

What are you guys saying about me in there?!!!

Just wait till I tell all your customers!!!

:lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ya.... i'm sure that you got the whorehouse number!

give it a rest...
don you have a sermon ta write?

harryhides

Name
Tony
LOL at Larry !!

Josh, there is nothing sadder than whining about being banned from that den of vacuous iniquity, that dung heap of babbling vapid and putrid pontification.

Let it go and enjoy your vacation.

F

FB7777

me and Willy have gone back n forth over the years on the boards

truth is, we prolly would have gotten along well in real life

that is before he got fat and sober :mrgreen:

Papa

SHAKA FROM SO CAL!!! WE DOIN FINE ROUND HERE! GO SURF, BE COOL BRUDA!!! U HOWLY DUN KNOW NUTIN ROUND HEAR!!!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Just popped in for some stuff - I'll answer all when I get done work for the day. (Finished the 23 story job today, gotta do another house job)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
-What led you to get into this business?

Two Scotsmen from Glasgow. They had gone through British trades training for flooring installation and were looking for a young strong bull. I spent a few years learning as well as doing domestic installation, Robbie and Jimmy were mostly doing axminsters as the sewing skills along with the pattern matching ability was beyond compare. I went on my own for about a year before knee surgery and the same again a year later. I saw an ad for carpet cleaners and worked about 6 months for a bait and switcher , sorta learned a bit and bought some equipment.

-Describe your best cheerleader and what it took to make him or her so.

Tough call. Rosemary called me on a New Years Day because her cat had clawed through a box of wine concentrate. I came over , got it out and didn't skin her alive. Thousands of dollars of referrals.
The girl that works at my suppliers, actually even my suppliers sale chain feeds me stuff from time to time. Some really nice work out of there as the feedback is good. i take the newbie saleman out as free helper for the day to learn about cc.
Amir has been a customer for well over 20 years. He owns a string of apartment buildings and pays well and within 15 days, unlike some accounts that run up to 60.

-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?

I struggled for a while, no doubt. I had to sift through the buckwheat to pull out the bullshit, implement what I already knew and now it's freakin' great. I'm booked a week to 10 days out now and have a pretty good thing going on. I have some buds I know and trust that I pass work on to, some guys that we split large jobs and I'm pretty happy. I just hired a really good working part time helper ( we got the 23 halls done in 10 man hours and he catches on fast :D )

-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?

I try to emulate- me. I'm 53 next week and I'm comfortable in my skin.

-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?

Probably make sure I had more money. I've owned 2 businesses - both started with just enough dough to buy equipment. The rest came from entrepreneurial spirit.

-How have the Boards helped your biz?
I've learned a lot and learned a lot of bullshit too. There's a lot of folks that reached and helped me when things were bad. I have a check that Gary Heacock sent me to help out when I had a bike accident and ripped up a knee and crushed a foot. I keep it with my special treasures as a reminder of how the board community used to be with things like FOJL and people like Gary Berg. I've learned not to confide to some people, most are good, but there's a few snakes and some insects on the lawn.

-For a guy who appreciates the finer things in life were you not the slightest bit disappointed when you opened the Cross Threaded box?

Not at all. The machine is easy to work on and I knew what I was getting. Ed knew I was in tight spot because I'd lost my van and equipment and helped me a lot by giving me a great price on a whole package. Other than vacs that I replace every year and F**^^ Pumptec pumps,( give me a General any day), it was viable replacement for my Vorninja (general, four vacs- I still have the base). I have tried different vac configs, but most of my hose runs are 50 feet or less and it works for me.

-Do you have anger issues?

FU%^ YOU!

-One CD on that deserted island, which will it be?
Albert King live in England. I love blues. Can I bring my harps?

I'll answer more later.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Bob Foster said:

We need a pot of coffee and an afternoon at you shop Bob. It was like doin' acid in the 70's Fun, but it all came to an end.

I haven't ried one , but Andy V and I were talking about a suck off. :lol:

Yeah, I gotta get a waiver and be prepared for cavity searches and a homing chip inserted.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
grouNd meAt said:
Willy, the poor sod, couldn't catch a fish with DYNAMITE

..L.T.A.
I got 4 days around the Tunkwa Lake (World Flyfish Championship lake) area next week Sonny. I'll have some pictures to serve with your crow.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Danny Strickland said:
i know some things about Willy that i could post if you want??? :twisted:

Go to it Danny. But maybe worry about Danny and his own for a while instead of Willy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
fred boyle said:
me and Willy have gone back n forth over the years on the boards

truth is, we prolly would have gotten along well in real life

that is before he got fat and sober :mrgreen:

But ya know Fred, I love ya like a brother!

Ernie G

I don't know Willy, but have read plenty of his posts, he sounds like a great guy, and he's been in this busn. a long time, he must be doing something right. Hope to meet him someday.

Reactions: Willy P
G

Willy's a good guy.

If he calls you, don't be to quick to hang up on him, he sounds like a salesman on the phone.

The Preacher

just got the troubled yoot on work release, so at least she's gonna have to pay her own way outta' her stoopidity!!!

like i've always said, i was lucky i never got caught or hurt someone. just did the nasty with womens in the 3-5 range while intoxicated!!! hoggin' was a sport in those dayz!!! :shock: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom