Full room cleaning moving furniture or open area cleaning

What % of your cleaning is open area cleaning compared to furniture move cleaning

• 10% or less of my work we move most everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bob Foster

furniture-sliderssml.jpg

Do you promote either one? It seems to me that I rarely move complete rooms and if I do 90% of the time it's a family room. You 65 cents a foot guys are the ones that probably promote this service.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
a lot of our customers move everything out with exception of a sofa, loveseat or recliner. I don't move entertainment centers, or china hutches or anything with glass in it.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I do what the customer wants. If they tell me to do what needs to be done, then I do what I feel is appropriate.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
GeneMiller said:
If it's not nailed down we move it. We may just dry vacuum under it but it gets moved.

Gene

Gene, maybe you should qualify that statement.
Surely you don't move whole wall entertainment centers that still have electronics on them?
Antique beds?
China cabinets with glassware in them?
Curios with gobs of goodies on the shelves?

Bob, I'm not sure how to answer that poll.
For us, moving most furniture in living/family rooms are common, but most bed rms are just open areas

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

I wonder how often people move stuff in bedrooms. I did a job yesterday where I moved more than I usually do so I thought I would ask what most here do.

Ron Werner is in my same trading area and tends to move a lot of furniture and I rarely move furniture. I think he promotes it and he charges more than I do.

Sears locally states that it doesn't charge for moving furniture. The way you get around that is charge by the cleanable area. As soon as you are cleaning under beds and dressers the cleanable area goes up and brings the ticket way higher.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I always ask what they want moved and then take it from there............

I don't move.....

beds
entertainment centers
hutches
things like that....

If they have a table..nightstand ...etc..I just ask them to remove the breakable items and I will move them....

TimP

If there is room and it's light I'll move it. If it takes more trouble than it's worth I wont. If items are fragile on furniture they stay put. Beds, entertainment centers and really heavy Items I wont move. Some customers I know they expect more so I'll do more to make them happy. The ones that don't care I wont.

If I can see under an item I'll try to move it or at least get my wand under it.

To be honest if you know it's not going anywhere.....it is a waste. Dry vacuuming is all that's needed in 90% of those cases.

Rex Tyus

Jim Martin said:
I always ask what they want moved and then take it from there............

I don't move.....

beds
entertainment centers
hutches
things like that....

If they have a table..nightstand ...etc..I just ask them to remove the breakable items and I will move them....

I feel exactly the same way.

Name
Kevin McCreary
It always seems to me that old people want everything moved. So we move it all and charge for it.

Don't you hate it when you show up and everything is moved out into the room, right in the traffic

areas where you have to pre vac and pre spray. Then you have to put it all back before you start,

or clean behind it put it back then pre spray + pre condition. The customer thinks they are doing you a favor.

-JB-

Name
JB
"Do you see Bekins on the side of my truck?" ~ Classic Jimbo.

G

I have a customer that once a year books and has every room completely done over 2 days; then he wants me to pass over traffic areas; Man that guy pays good!! But we still don't move any furniture besides maybe an end table or recliners; anything else is up to custy to move.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the sliders really make life easier when moving furniture.
I try to get my clients to move as much of the small stuff, then I can move the bigger stuff.
As was mentioned, I don't move entertainment units, unless they're empty, and nothing with glass in it, and no computers.

Moving beds isn't really a big deal, just have to watch for the center supports. Again, sliders make it a lot easier.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
don you jus LOVE it when the custy moves everything to one side of the room........
OHH...i was jus HELPIN' you.......!!!

and if it has a cord on it...
i DON move it!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Your right Larry,
We don't move entertainment centers but we will move curio cabinets if they clear them out. The rule is if it has doors on it and they want it moved they have to clear it. We do move beds and the like as part of our regular cleaning. We move everything off dressers ect. so we can move them. Generally we just dry vacuum under those things unless there is a stain. I live in a part of the country where most of my clients have full time house keepers. They don't even make their own beds. They want everything done and they will pay for it.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom