For owner operators.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I'd like to ask you guys and gals about having a backup TM setup. I would like to have one in case anything happens.

I do not like to have payments although I would love to buy a new unit and setup. But that is way out of my league. What do you guys suggest when having a second unit?

Do you switch here and there between both vans? What would you guys recommend for a backup as far as cost goes? Do you have any suggestions on where to keep an eye out for one other than FB?

I’ve thought of purchasing a used promaster city, Nissan nv200, or the Ford and dedicate that to low moisture and keep my trinity with a portable there. But, as of now, I love to have both TM and Trinity so that I may offer any option during the clean. It already happened to me a couple of days ago where my TM went down and I pulled out the Trinity.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd like to ask you guys and gals about having a backup TM setup. I would like to have one in case anything happens.

I do not like to have payments although I would love to buy a new unit and setup. But that is way out of my league. What do you guys suggest when having a second unit?

Do you switch here and there between both vans? What would you guys recommend for a backup as far as cost goes? Do you have any suggestions on where to keep an eye out for one other than FB?

I’ve thought of purchasing a used promaster city, Nissan nv200, or the Ford and dedicate that to low moisture and keep my trinity with a portable there. But, as of now, I love to have both TM and Trinity so that I may offer any option during the clean. It already happened to me a couple of days ago where my TM went down and I pulled out the Trinity.

a well known cleaner on FB just had his one and only mega truck taken out of commission for 3 or more weeks in a T bone incident. He'll be relying on a prty and a OP to complete a very busy schedule.

A guy like him should have a late model van with a used small slide in it ready to go ....

10K on Craigs all over the country.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
a well known cleaner on FB just had his one and only mega truck taken out of commission for 3 or more weeks in a T bone incident. He'll be relying on a prty and a OP to complete a very busy schedule.

A guy like him should have a late model van with a used small slide in it ready to go ....

10K on Craigs all over the country.
That is my worry. It is hard not to have a backup for those reasons.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That is my worry. It is hard not to have a backup for those reasons.
I have had good luck in finding older truck mounts in good shape. I am currently running a Hydramaster cds in a Chevy Astro van that I picked up for $3000 and put about $3000 of repairs into. Tires and brakes were a part of that. I just picked up a Cleanco in a GMC 2500 for $6000. Again, it needs tires and front brakes. Both trucks look presentable and are clean. I am selling my Dodge van with a custom built unit that I have had for 15 years. Still looks presentable but is more of a pain to use than the other two. I will limit myself to just the 2 from now on. Always nice to have a back up and for myself, I need a small van that I can throw a portable in and park in an underground parkade. The Astro fits where the GMC doesn't.

scotty747

I bought a backup van this summer. Then i thought i could have bought a small enclosed trailer, put my old slide in in it for a lot less. If my cds goes down i can tow it with my van, if the van goes down i can tow it with my pickup or even my chevy venture. Still glad i grabbed the van for 4500.00.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I bought a backup van this summer. Then i thought i could have bought a small enclosed trailer, put my old slide in in it for a lot less. If my cds goes down i can tow it with my van, if the van goes down i can tow it with my pickup or even my chevy venture. Still glad i grabbed the van for 4500.00.
I have an old truck mount I am thinking of putting together in a small trailer. Could maybe rent it out to guys who have suffered a break down or are having their units serviced. Could tow with a medium suv or pick up. Even a car perhaps.

Reactions: LCCFL

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I had a back up for many years and it came in handy many times. The mistake I made was not having the backup set up with everything needed to jump in it and go. Break downs can be very stressful and when it happened I would have to go get it out of storage and transfer all my gear into it before returning to finish the job.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a back up for many years and it came in handy many times. The mistake I made was not having the backup set up with everything needed to jump in it and go. Break downs can be very stressful and when it happened I would have to go get it out of storage and transfer all my gear into it before returning to finish the job.
I keep 2 vans licensed and insured. More because of the type of work I do but comes in handy. I was doing a large commercial job and the pump crapped out with just one more hallway to go. Luckily, I had a helper in that job and was able to disconnect the truck, drive back to the shop and pick up my backup and just reconnect the hoses. Added an hour to the job.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
If he has insurance he can rent a truckmount and have the insurance co pay. Or have them pay for lost work.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom