For Jim's pet presentation..

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1712325372141.jpg

How many of you have had to deal with aggressive dogs on a job site?

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
View attachment 126763

How many of you have had to deal with aggressive dogs on a job site?
I'm usually good with dogs but I get the customer to secure them as the door is going to be open and don't want to be chasing them down the street. I have more problems with overly friendly dogs that think I came just to play with them.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Fookin thing bit my achilles tendon. I went to go punt the little b**** and it ran away. I was more mad that I couldn't punt it than it biting me

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Im a dog guy. If I meet a dog at the door, I kneel down and say *Im here to play with you all day*. The owners love it.

At one job, the door opened and I was greeted by a young pit bull at the door and was surprised that he was extremely friendly.

There is one house I clean for frequently where the dog still barks at me (owners are never home) try as I might, still cant be friends.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Im a dog guy. If I meet a dog at the door, I kneel down and say *Im here to play with you all day*. The owners love it.

At one job, the door opened and I was greeted by a young pit bull at the door and was surprised that he was extremely friendly.

There is one house I clean for frequently where the dog still barks at me (owners are never home) try as I might, still cant be friends.
funny story, my neighbor at the shop has a german shepherd that he uses to guard the shop at night. Outside of that he is pretty friendly. One day, he slipped out the door and was wandering down the street. I got ahold of him by the collar and brought him back. He was friendly all the way back but once he was inside again, he turns around and starts barking at me. It's like he suddenly remembered, Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be a guard dog.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I had a large friendly dog give me a serious love nip at a clients house 2 weeks ago. They warned me about it sort of jokingly but also seriously. I told them my little dog does the same thing when he's excited, he means no harm, I call him an aggressive lover. We all laughed and when I got down to greet their very excited dog he did exactly what they told me he would, gave me a love nip.

Well, the 100 lb dog's love nip is a heck of a lot more of a nip than my 12lb dogs. It didn't break skin but it stung quite a bit. I maintained my composure and continued to greet the dog and be friendly but I could tell it concerned them and made them a little uncomfortable. I assured them it was fine and they did their due diligence informing me about it. It ended up being no problem.

I guess I learned to heed and respect people's concerns and warnings about their pets regardless of the situation. If they are telling you about it then it obviously concerns them, and our goal is to create as pleasant and positive of an experience as possible for our clients.

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
My Dad has a vicious blue heeler that will bite at the drop of a hat and circles visitor’s cars like a shark. He has to put it up when he has guests.

Why does he have it? To keep unexpected visitors away or in their car.

I’ve never had a problem with a dog until I met this one. He’s a real jerk, but does his job well.

Personally, I wouldn’t have a dog like him.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It’s best to ignore customers dogs. Act like they don’t exist. Don’t make eye contact with them. Most dogs are threatened by strangers attempts to “befriend” them. I had a big, mean looking boxer once who was nervous around people he didn’t know and I had a friend that wanted my dog to like him. I told him multiple times to stop approaching my dog with friendly gestures and just ignore him. My friend just couldn’t help himself and kept trying to pet my dog. My dog hated him until the day he died. It was so unnecessary. All my friend had to do was act like my dog didn’t exist and eventually my dog would have approached him for acknowledgment. Most dogs want human interaction, but they want it only after they’ve determined that you’re not a threat.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm usually good with dogs but I get the customer to secure them as the door is going to be open and don't want to be chasing them down the street. I have more problems with overly friendly dogs that think I came just to play with them.
Those are the best worst, almost like a curious 5 year old.

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It’s best to ignore customers dogs. Act like they don’t exist. Don’t make eye contact with them. Most dogs are threatened by strangers attempts to “befriend” them. I had a big, mean looking boxer once who was nervous around people he didn’t know and I had a friend that wanted my dog to like him. I told him multiple times to stop approaching my dog with friendly gestures and just ignore him. My friend just couldn’t help himself and kept trying to pet my dog. My dog hated him until the day he died. It was so unnecessary. All my friend had to do was act like my dog didn’t exist and eventually my dog would have approached him for acknowledgment. Most dogs want human interaction, but they want it only after they’ve determined that you’re not a threat.
Also take off the hat.

Some dogs hate hats.

Hats = delivery guy

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
I am a dog person. My dogs are my "kids." As any pet parent, I am proud of my "kids" and generally think positively of anyone that appears to "like" my children. Many pet parents prefer my services because their "kids" like me!

People hire people they like and trust, and if I do not like their pet, they are not likely to trust me!

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
My Dad has a vicious blue heeler that will bite at the drop of a hat and circles visitor’s cars like a shark. He has to put it up when he has guests.

Why does he have it? To keep unexpected visitors away or in their car.

I’ve never had a problem with a dog until I met this one. He’s a real jerk, but does his job well.

Personally, I wouldn’t have a dog like him.
I get along with almost every breed of dog, but for Blue Heelers!

• Haha
Reactions: AlienAgent

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom