FOLDING CHAIR COST

TMDAWGLC

I have a job coming up cleaning almost 700 padded folding chairs and am not sure how to charge it. $3 a chair? $4 a chair?
whatchyallthink?

-JB-

Name
JB
Just offer to clean six chairs to see, "'How they clean up" Then you'll get a good idea on production time for the six to base the quote on, and give them a accurate quote, and not a SWAG. Hell, bill the cost of the six chairs back into the quote if you want to.
Good luck!!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
At 15 chairs per hour, that's only $60.00 per hour at $4.00 per chair, not including travel and set up.

For some locales, that is as good as it gets. For most, it is rather cheap.

The choices are either raise the rate, or raise the production to be more profitable.

In this demographic, $100.00 per hour is median. Granted, less for high volume. But look at least for making $75.00 per man/hour. You have your overhead to consider, which is going to bring the profit down.

GRHeacock

A lot will depend on what the fabric is. Cotton? Vinyl? Nylon? Polyester?

Perhaps they can be done with a drill and a pad, this would only take seconds per chair. Line up maybe 20 or so, spray them all and buff.

If they must be HWE cleaned, get a wider tool than a 3 inch upholstery tool. Stair tool maybe?

Can they be shampooed with a brush and spray, then toweled off? I would think about 1 minute each.

Gary

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think they will go far faster than you have estimated, 2-flat surfaces go pretty easy. It's arms and backs that will slow your time down.

I would guess on the low end you could do 30-in an hour HWE, but I'm actually thinking you could do 1-chair a minute especially if you have a helper who preconditions and wipes them dry.

If you averages 50-an hour @$3.00 that's $150.00, enough to pay for a helper to maintain production rates.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You have to consider not only what your business needs to gross per hour in order to be profitable, but what someone will be willing to pay.

If the chairs are inexpensive, they may be purchased in large quantities for $10 each. Would someone pay $6, $7 or $8 each to have them cleaned?

Can you find ways to speed up the cleaning? Have an assitant who presprays and brushes in the prespray while you follow with extraction? This might allow you to hire a helper at a modest amount per hour while doubling your production rate.

30 chairs per hour at $4 each = $120. $20 out for labor and taxes still nets you $100 per hour.

Scott Warrington

steve r

i was thinking buck apiece thats $700.00 to clean folding chairs but i think i could do em faster than others are thinking unless they are trashed.i guess it also depends on who its for and if it is just 2 small surfaces.and i dont think i would need to wipe em off or prespray but im not sure. ive done the chairs in doctors offices front and back on top and the seat for ten bucks each but only doing about ten at a time with carpet also.those took about 2 or 3 minutes each.

TMDAWGLC

at 3 minutes per chair times 700 chairs = 2100 min = 35 Hours
35 hours w/o drive time or setup for a mere $700?
NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL!

steve r

man they are folding chairs for heavens sake. i guess it just depends on if you want the job and what they are willing to pay. afull week to clean 700 chairs thats funny lol. id never get work like that and i charge 35 cents sq ft. lost a job today to aguy charging 27 cents and he advertises hes been in buis for 30 years. thats funny too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom