First Time Using Cobbs Powermax

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tried a jar of that too
It's good stuff and can handle rat nazdies .....but not at suggested dilute ratios ...need to double it at least

..L.T.A.
Well that changes things a little. I’ll give it a shot still.

I made an excel spreadsheet of all my chems and costs. I got my numbers down now. It seems silly to track chem costs since its such a small part of the biz, but I really like knowing. I can tell you SaigerCide is a killer deal when compared to Odorcide.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It seems silly to track chem costs sknce its such a small part of the biz

tracking all the beans makes good biz sense...they tell me

But too many BD's try to save pennies and lose dollars in efficiency and efficacy

but I really like knowing

best way is side by side evaluations on same room/same day when opportunity allows.

few places offer a better test field for side by sides than trashed empties and com
Most won't make the time to do that to know, know

that's why and how so many "board de jour" juices over the years get hyped as "best evah" ...when in fact, they're mediocre or just good...at best

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Nomad74

steve_64

tracking all the beans makes good biz sense...they tell me

But too many BD's try to save pennies and lose dollars in efficiency and efficacy

best way is side by side evaluations on same room/same day when opportunity allows.

few places offer a better test field for side by sides than trashed empties and com
Most won't make the time to do that to know, know

that's why and how so many "board de jour" juices over the years get hyped as "best evah" ...when in fact, they're mediocre or just good...at best

..L.T.A.
I disagree on how to test products. Doing side by side is not real efficient in testing products. It only helps for that particular carpet.
I like to try new product by using it on repeat jobs so I can compare it to what I've been seeing. I also like to use it exclusive for a couple weeks to see what it does on a variety of carpet and soils.

I already know how my main products work when and where so no need to split a room. If the new product fails I can reclean with my regular stuff.

In the end I usually end up back where I started anyway.

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree with Steve.

I doubt that Larry saw many repeats with his section 8 client base so understand but sort of find fault with his test method

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
disagree on how to test products

so?
with that "out in left field" brain or yours, you're gOOfy wrong most of the time ..

and I never suggested "one 'n done"
but if a side by side shows it's crap pee water next to your "known" quality stuff, you can pretty much figure it's garbage from the get-go

the way you do it, it'll might take two dozen jobs before you finally determine it's crap

dats ig'nt

I agree with Steve.

who you kidding, Sally?
you get and use so much free chit from different makers, you never use the same stuff twice....
Hell, it took you 20+ years to figure out PowerBurst kicks azz
and Olson gave THAT to you free

oh yea....and I was Oh-Peeing carpets when you were at Miller's scamming ole ladies out of their fixed income...

don't be a dOrk all your life......

.L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
similar
never jumped from brand to brand after the first 7 years in biz .
Learned enough to know Prochem had the best line overall

I continued to try different juices,
Some were prettydamngood but none impressed me enough to knock Prochem out of the top spot

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

so?
with that "out in left field" brain or yours, you're gOOfy wrong most of the time ..

but if a side by side shows it's crap pee water next to your "known" quality stuff, you can pretty much figure it's garbage from the get-go

the way you do it, it'll might take two dozen jobs before you finally determine it's crap

dats ig'nt

who you kidding, Sally?
you get and use so much free chit from different makers, you never use the same stuff twice....

oh yea....and I was Oh-Peeing carpets when you were at Miller's scamming ole ladies out of their fixed income...

.L.T.A.
So if you split a room in half do you go back after a few weeks to check for resoiling issues or is your half and half just for visual while still wet?
How do you know if the product works for urine or wet dog odors?
How do you remember which half got which product?

Using a new product shouldn't be a big deal to the customer. If its Crap you will find out pretty fast. Most new products are pretty good and work well. Just depends on your customer base and type of work on what's best for you personally.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So if you split a room in half do you go back after a few weeks to check for resoiling issues or is your half and half just for visual while still wet?
How do you know if the product works for urine or wet dog odors?
How do you remember which half got which product?

they only thing you can't determine is if rapid resoil is a problem

otherwise....

.L.T.A.

steve_64

Do you need a picture?
I guess so. I have split rooms in half before. It doesn't give the whole picture.

I know my products and what they can accomplish. If I'm using something new how do you know if it gets rid of odors if you only use it on half the room? You need to use it exclusively on many jobs. You need to adjust dwell times and compare it on different carpet types. Scrubbing versus just wanding. So many variables.

Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see anyone splitting fmore than one or two rooms to compare due to time and extra labor.

6 lbs isn't always enough neither. Took a full pail of cobbs before i confirmed my resoiling issue. Tried several different rinsed during the process too.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I’ve used Saigers, powermax, grease eater, soap daddy primetime. Also uses the carbonated cleaning solutions with a bonnet and tried the saw dust once. And Procyon plus too.

Not firestorm or the new ultra pac.

Those I use on hammered polys.

My wife liked the results best from powermax and the 360i.
Have you tried power force from pure force?

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Lee Stockwell
Cobb make great stuff.

Then he doesn't.

Then he does again. Maybe the good stuff is made on Wednesdays. it was always a crap-shoot if it was going to be the same as the last one or "improved" in some perverse fashion.

I wish him well.

Reactions: steve_64
Name
Lee Stockwell
Put a dime's worth of the new product in a sprayer.

Put a dime's worth of a known product in a different sprayer.

Invest 20 extra minute to prove it to yourself, perhaps in your own home. My grandkids give me great opportunities to test stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
so?

dats ig'nt

who you kidding, Sally?

.L.T.A.

You're such an arrogant idiot.

I have my faves that I stick with that apperently your Super Mullet Observation skills have totally missed.

While you have SOME worthwhile opinions formed from a career of cleaning Section 8s, you couldn't even begin to try and comprehend the ultra mega high end materials that I've cleaned and wiped my premium ass with.

Oh, I've had 3 other OP machines too, all of which sucked..

I got to use this different Trinity yesterday that is smoother than my Spyder. IMO, it the best OP ever made..IMG_20190216_142944.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I have my faves that I stick with that apperently your Super Mullet Observation skills have totally missed.

While you have SOME worthwhile opinions formed from a career of cleaning Section 8s, you couldn't even begin to try and comprehend the ultra mega high end materials that I've cleaned and wiped my premium ass with.

Oh, I've had 3 other OP machines too, all of which sucked..

I got to use this different Trinity yesterday that is smoother than my Spyder. IMO, it the best OP ever made..View attachment 88940
Have you tried Charmin?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
some products you can tell right away... the smell is terrible, it doesnt clean that well at all, needs a ton of help with boosters, and it doesnt mix easily with warm water... constantly settling and clumping in the sprayer.

thats when u know its over hyped bs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
due to time and extra labor

that's exactly why 94.835% don't do it.
They'd be wiser and better informed if they did

it doesn't need to be whole rooms.
It does need to be same room/same day and even soil conditions

In the myriad of trashed student rentals we did every august, I used to line up 2 x 3 sections in the worst and longest evenly trashed area of same room .
Could line up 3 or 4 (or more if evenly soiled the whole length) different pre-sprays and eval all with the stroke of a wand

Most pre-sprays are good ...some are clearly better and some that have been touted as "great" over the years are crap

how do you know if it gets rid of odors

not talking odor neutralizers.
But a nose on the carpet after cleaned is a good indicator .....

Scrubbing versus just wanding. So many variables.

you're either rationalizing for not making the time to do side by sides..
or over thinking it
It ain't rocket surgery....

you couldn't even begin to try and comprehend the ultra mega high end materials that I've cleaned

Most live in the world of synthetic W2W, Chief
Cleaning empties, com and Mrs Phiff's little doggie Fee-Fee's pee-pee

arrogant maybe
(you're not the first to say that) :winky:

idiot not

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom