Expensive tools and no manual

Walt

I've always thought that it was odd that someone could sell you a tool with out a manual. Sure the way it works is usually obvious.

Things I wish had been in a manual.

1. do not operate tile hand tool about 600 psi. It will explode at 1200. Don't remember which one - I sold it but what a mess.

2. That the dema valve on a hydroforce has a re-buildable part that isn't included in the rebuild kit.

3. There are little inline screens that need to be cleaned on wands and hydroforce. I did not know this for a long time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the sx-12 and the turbo has to run at a psi no less then 800 for maximum performance......

BUT....

your chemical pump has to be shut off at a psi greater then 700....

so why are you selling me rinse chemicals for tile....... :shock:

Walt

scotty747 said:
do you mean above 600 psi? 600 to 1200 is a big dif.

I meant above- I didn't know that the tool wouldn't handle the psi. I was using an sx-12 at 900 psi or so and then switched over to the hand tool. The valve lasted about 30 seconds and then pow - super heated water gushing everywhere. I took the tool back and they said, "didn't you know..." Well of course I didn't. How could? There was no manual.

Jim Martin said:
the sx-12 and the turbo has to run at a psi no less then 800 for maximum performance......

BUT....

Not all machines have a chem pump? I think the ones with a dema valve can run much higher.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Walt said:
scotty747 said:
do you mean above 600 psi? 600 to 1200 is a big dif.

I meant above- I didn't know that the tool wouldn't handle the psi. I was using an sx-12 at 900 psi or so and then switched over to the hand tool. The valve lasted about 30 seconds and then pow - super heated water gushing everywhere. I took the tool back and they said, "didn't you know..." Well of course I didn't. How could? There was no manual.

Jim Martin said:

BUT....

Not all machines have a chem pump? I think the ones with a dema valve can run much higher.

Yes sir that is correct...but for the ones with the pump they should inform them of this and stop selling rinse chemicals to them.....

I've used my MYTEE hand held spinner at 1000 psi with no problems. Sure do get wet doing shower walls, though. I've thought about drilling the recovery holes a little bigger on my handheld and my sx-12.

Greenie

Don't do it. It won't recover better with larger holes, what you need is a little ventilation in the outter skirt to let the air flow, you are probably getting lock down. Be cautious, you can always vent larger, start very conservatively!

Matthew

I've been using acid rinses with my turbo hybrid for 2 years now, and there is now rust spots all over the chrome. It looks bad and old before it's time. This was a $1200 product. Also, my hydroforce valve keeps breaking every 6 months. Been paying $70 every time for a new one. Was told not to run powdered detergents in the hydroforce last time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom