Excited to clean some upholstery!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I absolutly hate cleaning upholstery but I just got my new drimaster in today and I'm hoping I'll hate cleaning it a little less now. Maybe I'll even start suggesting cleaning customers upholstery as an add-on while I'm in the home cleaning other things, imagine that. Right now I don't turn down upholstery cleaning but I never suggest or encourage it either. :oops:

I've got a sofa scheduled to clean on Friday but I'll probably go try it out on my sisters sofa/loverseat tomorrow or thursday, I mean she's been bugging me to clean them for about a year now. :shock:

Any pointers or things to be aware of using this thing?

TimP

I don't have the new dri-master. I have the old one and I feel the same way about upholstery as you.

Let me know what you think cause if it's that much better I may have to scratch up some money for one.

Today I only had a small job scheduled and she wanted a chair cleaned. And durring that I had a lady schedule 2 chars and a foot stool....I wasn't happy about it. But I did pull in over 300 today in 2 jobs. :roll: So I guess it's worth doing, of course I charge through the nose to do it, for my area.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I used a drimaster in my upholstery cert. class. You will love it it fookin rocks the house. The only thing is with the bypass if you set it down for a long time you will fill your waste tank

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
no more over-spray on the floors...biggest pro for me...but solutions usage will be doubled...quicker dry times for sure, but for me, it was a relief that I didn't have to worry about spraying someones end table, wood floor...or having 10 towels laid out....NO MORE over-spray...great buy...you'll love it!!!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've had one for about 6 months now, and love it. Make sure you use some kind of vac relief or you'll have 240 temps (depending on your unit)

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I just got mine last week and can't see how people could talk negitive about that tool, works great! I have only done a few jobs with it and love having the hot water all the time. I think I cleaned the furniture in almost half the time than I normally would with my pmf tool. One thing I did notice is that my machine seemed to run really hot?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was like that when I had my old Kleenrite and the old DM. I was really excited to try the HK tool when I brought it home from Vegas. Love using it now. Need to clean more furniture!
Hope it works just as good for you.

Walt

The only recommendation that I can make is this:

Make sure you turn the tool off every time you step away from the tool. There are a number of good reasons - full waste tank, overly hot etc.

But the number one reason:

Your helper decides to unhook the vac while the pump is still running, to vac up a little fuzz and suddenly you have a little mini flood under the sofa. :roll:

TimP

Walt said:
The only recommendation that I can make is this:

Make sure you turn the tool off every time you step away from the tool. There are a number of good reasons - full waste tank, overly hot etc.

But the number one reason:

Your helper decides to unhook the vac while the pump is still running, to vac up a little fuzz and suddenly you have a little mini flood under the sofa. :roll:

I've turned on the pump and didn't have the dri-master connected to my old one and had that happen once. It's a very easy mistake but fortunately it's nothing that can't be fixed easily. Now I make sure to keep everything on the up and up with the dri-master. Mistakes like that teach you lessons for sure.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ok I used the drimaster for the first time today. Now keep in mind the only other upholstery tools I own are an internal jet pmf tool which I hate and an external jet tool which is a waste of time so take this with a grain of salt but I absolutely loved this tool. It cleaned fast, easy, dry and get this, evenly across the head which is why I hate the internal jet tool, it gets it cleaner right in the center which equals lots of passes. I'll definitely start encouraging upholstery cleaning while I'm in peoples homes from now on.

I was scheduled to clean a sofa, after arriving she showed me a chair and ottoman that she said the last cleaner attempted to clean but stopped because it was streaking badly and he told her it was stripping the color. She said if I wanted to attempt it I was welcome to or I could leave it alone. It looked pretty darn durable to me so of course I attempted it and it turned out great, the sofa also turned out great. I could have done just as good a job with my old tools but it would have been left wetter and would have taken twice as long.

It's hard to say how much water I used because I did the carpet also(3 br's, living room and dining room) but I used 3/4 of a tank doing both, 125 gallon tank.

Ps She said she is pretty sure the last cleaner used his floor wand to clean the chair/ottoman.

Pss I guess now I'm really gonna have to invest in auto-fill/dump for my portable so I can use the drimaster on high rises.

Back
Top Bottom