Everything I do...I try to turn it into a business

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LisaWagnerCRS said:
MLM's are the crack for entrepreneurs who can't get their "real" business working right.

Nothing makes your life fuller than having crap to push on to your friends and family at every single gathering, and getting them to buy by literally making them want you to finally shut your piehole about "it" - vitamins, monavie, amway, sendoutcards, ugh....

I love marketing, but this is the part of the industry I hate. This business model is all about selling the "hope" of a better business that is super easy, and then getting them into an inventory trap where they only can make any money not by selling the product itself, but by selling the "business opportunity" - and then you have to chase after multiple people to hope they get off their asses and sell for you so you can make a cut.

None of it is based on whether the product is based on creating value for the customer - it is all a shake-down model for your "circle" who eventually will stop having you around because they are scared of your next MLM addiction.

Had a relative that has done it all Amway to Monavie to you name it... finally he got religion and he sells God instead (and cars). But - at least he's selling actual value now.

That said... I hope this is what brings you the success you are after Brian. (And no... I won't buy any of it.)

Lisa

Ok, I get what you're saying. I know people like that as well.

Funny thing is I don't believe I've tried to sell anyone here anything. I've just told them about an awesome Protein drink I've been drinking and let them now I turned it into a business (I was drinking protein drinks before anyway)

Why wouldn't I let them know about a different revenue stream? I tell everything that I do in this room as far as marketing etc goes...Why would this be any different?

I'm not asking anyone to sign up to be a distributer under me....Except for 1 guy...Now that I think about it. :oops:
But he called me....Soooo there you have it.

I can make plenty of money just selling the product....I don't have to have people signed up. That's what makes this better than Monavie and a bunch of others.

It's very similar to Mary Kay....That's why I like it too.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You guys kill me.

This is not different from any other company like Carpet Cleaning or whatever business you might do.

The only gripe that you have is from what you've heard or how you think it needs to be done.

Just because it has the lable "MLM" you think it has to only be scumbags doing it.

If I have to explain it....You won't understand.

F

FB7777

You've gotta be kidding me Brian cuz you don't get what Lisa myself and Lee obviously agree on.

It's not about my work van , why I go to the gym directly after work instead of going home first. My point was the sleazy biz model of MLMs

Good luck chasing millions... I hope you achieve my level of success :mrgreen:

PS your facebook mlm crap is annoying too :twisted:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred Boyle said:
You've gotta be kidding me Brian cuz you don't get what Lisa myself and Lee obviously agree on.

It's not about my work van , why I go to the gym directly after work instead of going home first. My point was the sleazy biz model of MLMs

Good luck chasing millions... I hope you achieve my level of success :mrgreen:

PS your facebook mlm crap is annoying too :twisted:

It's all about how you run your business...You can chose to be sleazy or not.

Plenty of sleazy people in all industries as we are all well aware of.

I know what I'll do. I'll just give them part of the shake....and then they'll have to pay more to get the rest......But if they want the really good shake they'll have to pay a bit more....then if they want the Platinum shake it's just a little more money.

Sound familiar? :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Let's go over the business model of the MLM shall we?

I sign up as a distributor because I like their product. I can either just sell the product or sign up others under me to sell the product as well.

I get 10% of everything I sell...till I sell $2500 per month then I get 25% of everything I sell.

I also get 25% of everything the people under me sell.

I get a weekly paycheck and a monthly paycheck. I received a check for $75.00 the other day and I've hardly done anything. Plus because I referred 3 people to use the product (my customers) I get my product for free....That's $249 a month for me because I'm on the transformation kit.

So you see....It doesn't help me to try to get people to sign up as distributors.....Why? Because if I have to convince you....I don't want you. I'm happy to have you as a customer first (customers can refer 3 to get theirs free as well).

I would much rather have someone ambitious under me to take their own business higher instead of me trying to coach them etc.

I'm not sure how you can see that as a bad business model.

If your customer refers you to another for carpet cleaning...do you give them anything? Do you ask for referrals? Is asking for referrals sleazy? I bet Lisa will tell you to ask for referrals in some way.

Jenifer has been with Mary Kay 9 years and has made a great living. ....Just selling the products. She's had a few sign up with her but never really pushed that until recently.

If you think of a "pyramid scheme" the same way as an MLM....You are thinking wrong. Rotten apples and fresh oranges. !gotcha!

Hope this helps.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
OMG... I hate the Mary Kay sales women too... always reminding you they sell Mary Kay over and over again.

The only one who made real money in that MLM is Mary Kay.

Why not focus on a real business that delivers value without a hard sell into a biz opp?

Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
do you wear your Niners hat in that shit hole?

Not into hats. lol

But there were something like 60,000 people who moved to TX from CA in 2010 (record)...So there are some Niner fans here.

SHithole nonetheless. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LisaWagnerCRS said:
shityourselfthin.com - hey maybe Brian's enema advice is finally working!

=)

Lisa

That was your idea...Not mine. If only they had a shityourselfpretty.com You'd be in luck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LisaWagnerCRS said:
OMG... I hate the Mary Kay sales women too... always reminding you they sell Mary Kay over and over again.

Why not focus on a real business that delivers value without a hard sell into a biz opp?

Lisa

You kill me Lisa. I don't think anyone on this board generalizes more than you.

You obviously have no idea what someone can make selling the Mary Kay Brand.

A real business? Is a real business teaching someone how to run their business? At least Mary Kay has a good product AND teaches people how to run a business.
I've taken their classes and I've only gotten better information from an SFS class.

I've never gotten anything from a JOe Polish segment other than how to make HIM more money and teasers. Not too mention your droning on for 20 minutes only to learn at the end that you've said absolutely nothing.

Get a grip woman. lol

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Let's go over the business model of the MLM shall we?

I sign up as a distributor because I like their product. I can either just sell the product or sign up others under me to sell the product as well.

I get 10% of everything I sell...till I sell $2500 per month then I get 25% of everything I sell.

I also get 25% of everything the people under me sell.

Kinda tells me what the real value of the product is. :mrgreen: It's probably laxative, soy milk and strawberry Nestle Quik with a little Ma Huang. Speaking of Ma Huang, I thought that "niners" thread was all about me. Whoda guessed it was about football?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Stop the world for the first time ever I 100% agree with what Lisa Wagner has said in this thread...and I would never order Mary Kay or Avon either...or Tupperware, or any of that crap. It's no better than what you can buy in the stores and more expensive and you have to put up with the salesperson as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wouldn't buy Avon either lol. Tupperware is pretty good. My mom had some of that for years. Nothing from Walmart ever lasted that long.

I think Mary Kay used to work for Tupper Ware...Can't remember.

You guys are all like the people who only use Stanley Steemer because that's what the TVs have trained them to do.

Just sayin. !gotcha!

Bob Foster

Ijj.jpg

jm.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Brian R said:
LisaWagnerCRS said:

Lisa

You kill me Lisa. I don't think anyone on this board generalizes more than you.

You obviously have no idea what someone can make selling the Mary Kay Brand.

A real business? Is a real business teaching someone how to run their business? At least Mary Kay has a good product AND teaches people how to run a business.
I've taken their classes and I've only gotten better information from an SFS class.

I've never gotten anything from a JOe Polish segment other than how to make HIM more money and teasers. Not too mention your droning on for 20 minutes only to learn at the end that you've said absolutely nothing.

Get a grip woman. lol

Interesting that you got lots of good information... yet you have not implemented it to where you don't need to seek out more MLM magic pills.

At least Joe has a 100% money back guarantee on every kit, product, and event. Mary Kay doesn't when her stuff does not work. It's too bad she doesn't sell shityourselfsmart... I'm sure you'd get a discount since you know so many MLM'ers.

Guess you can just keep shoving "buy my crap" banners in your signature and posts and hope to someday retire.

Lisa

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
truckmount girl said:
Stop the world for the first time ever I 100% agree with what Lisa Wagner has said in this thread...and I would never order Mary Kay or Avon either...or Tupperware, or any of that crap. It's no better than what you can buy in the stores and more expensive and you have to put up with the salesperson as well.

Take care,
Lisa

LOL... MLMs are the classic bait and switch model. Glad we finally can agree on something. :-)

Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well I'm glad I got the two Lisas together. Video to come. 8)

Mary Kay has a 100% money back gaurantee....even as a distributor you can give your product back if you find the business is not right for you.
So you're wrong about that as well.

Honestly Lisa...You have not had a look at my bank account to know anything about my financial situation. And NO I won't let you have a peek....at the bank account that is.

I'm doing just fine...But if I'm going to use a product...Why not make a business out of it?

I use the internet...I've made a business out of it etc.

You shill crap as much as I do.....Does that mean you're broke? (financially I mean !gotcha! ) I don't know and I don't care....You can eat my underwear. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You guys will have a field day with this.

Mom my just bought some shakes. :shock:

I didn't sell her...She heard about me doing it and wanted to try it.

Go figure.

Now only 2 responses can come from this.

Either I believe in this product enough that I would sell it to my own Mother

Or

I'm soooo sleazy that I would sell to my mom a product that is crap and totally take advantage of her.

I know what's right....You know what's right....But we'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom