Eurus Blower

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Im not here to knock the blower just give a little information. The blower uses a part called a wear collar. It goes around the shaft and rubs against the lip seal. The lip seal is what keeps the oil in. On the inside of the wear collar is a very thin viton o-ring. It locks the collar to the shaft and keeps the oil in. The o-ring in my case failed at aprox. 2800 hrs. Its a simple repair and should be done as a maintenance item when you change the belts. I didn't occur any down time just a mess from the leaking oil. The dealer doesn't carry the parts and it was a scramble to find them. I do have the guys name and number and will try to remember to post them. I would suggest keeping the 7 dollar part on hand.
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.40.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.42.52 PM.png

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The lip seal should rub directly against the shaft. The viton rubbing on it will never wear it out. It’s a heavy collar being held in place with a very thin o-ring. This design is on every euros blower used by sapphire. This isn’t unique to the 870. Just a heads up, replace the o-ring when you replace the belts.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I believe it is on every Eurusnblower produced, but it is good you have identified it as a wear item and maybe most should have it replaced every 2000 hours or so.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The guys name who has the parts your going to need is Dean Peterson. 847-395-2977. The parts number I posted are for the 870 only. I do have the complete list if someone needs it.

Reactions: SamIam

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Why wouldn't the manufacturer use a proven long term blower like Gardner Denver. Save a couple bucks on a top tier machine???

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The eurus blowers are proven to be good blowers. Are they perfect? No. But they are good.

They have more meat(metal) in the body and wall of the Blower, the shafts/rotors are beefier compared to most other manufacturers and they carry more oil Generaly than any competitor Blower.

I also believe they don’t have that high annoying pitch to the ear and they vibrate less.

I don’t sell them anymore but when I did everyone like them for the most part, so it wasn’t a surprise to see them on the 870.

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom