Electric Truckmount Mytee

Sky

Name
Sky L.
I am interested in purchasing an ETM, specifically the Mytee Escape. Are there any using this machine? And if so, what is your hose run before a booster is needed? How satisfied are you with unit?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The ones I've seen were all using them in plant for a rug cleaning machine. I think it would work fine with the exception of the hassle of running multiple power cords in the home.

Reactions: Papa John
Name
Lee Stockwell
They have a few great products, each with an almost fatal flaw that should have been addressed in the pre-beta stage of development.

Example: I love the carbon fiber wand and the plastic assist handle released with it.

However: You can't use the wand because of the several abominations of manifold configurations.

We spent several days fixing 2 "identical" wands with misspaced and twisted plumbing welded into the wrong position. Works great now....they should have done that! (Please use measuring devices and jigs before welding too please.)

The glide falls off...again bad R&D. Yes, we field fixed it, but sheesh...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the speedster portable. Main flaw is coming from the factory, it needs 1-20 amp cord and 1-15 amp cord. Need to have only 2-15 amp cords. I am running 2-3stage vacs and a 500 psi pump on 2-15 amp cords. If I can do it, they can do it. Otherwise, it's plumbed for a 2 inch parallel set up and with the large rear wheels, it goes up and down stairs fairly easily.

Reactions: SamIam

Sky

Name
Sky L.
I am currently using a portable. The Mosquito, which is a great Portable in my opinion. I live in LA so having a portable is a must. I want a TM for the occasions that I have a home. I highly doubt I will go over 150ft for my hose run as houses are just not that big here. It seems as if the Mytee ETM can handle that easily.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
I would be using a little giant heater so my heat would be just as good as anyone else. I would also use a generator so I would never take unit of the van. I would also have 80 gallon fresh water and wast tank. In my opinion my set up will be the same as a gas powered TM. So would my heat.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Again, is anyone using this machine or know someone who is? If so, thoughts. Specifically on hose runs

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I would be using a little giant heater

I would also use a generator so I would never take unit of the van

would also have 80 gallon fresh water and wast tank

In my opinion my set up will be the same as a gas powered TM.

right ...except it doesn't have a positive displacement blower ...so the vac will never "be the same" as a real TM
just buy a real TM, Dude
Don't try to make a glorified porty into a TM

by the time you add up the costs of gas generator, Little Giant, propane tanks, waste tank, fittings/hoses /plumbing you won't be far off from the price of entry level TM
AND you'll have more room in the van to carry your porty and other tools/gear when needed
Instead of a clusterfck of components (tanks, propane, generator, heater, etc) in an attempt to make a glorified porty into a TM

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I am currently using a portable. The Mosquito, which is a great Portable in my opinion. I live in LA so having a portable is a must. I want a TM for the occasions that I have a home. I highly doubt I will go over 150ft for my hose run as houses are just not that big here. It seems as if the Mytee ETM can handle that easily.
Does mytee make that mosquito portable?

That’d be hilarious if they did. The Mytee Mosquito!!!

Reactions: Jimmy L

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Not to sure about that Sooperhero. Entry level TM is going to be around 14k for just the machine! I have calculated for my hole set up, including electric hose real, generator, heater (which many have for there gas TM) etc... around $9500. I would easily be at around $19,000 for the same set up with a gas powered TM. For those who do not have an issue with expenses more power to them. I could actually spend less than $9500 if I wanted to forgo certain items that can be considered luxuries.

Reactions: Cody Ransom

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if I wanted to forgo

what you'll "forgo" is most of the floor space with a clusterfck of gear to run a porty in a van..that won't have the performance of an entry level TM
( a real TM that will only take 1/3 the floor space)

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Things to think about. Are you going to plumb the generator into the trucks gas tank or use a portable tank? Same with the lg heater, portable tank or install a belly tank. Probably illegal to run with portable tanks inside the van. As Sooper says, still not as powerful as a real truck mount. It will be powerful enough but at 150 ft, you will notice. If you have all this money for an etm, borrow a little more and buy a proper TM. It will open more doors for you and be much easier to use.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
New Escape uses the best & expensive Vac Motors available (LX Ametek Vacs) . . Equal to any #3 Blower TM.
LX Escape uses two 115 VAC cords only or one 230 VAC cord.

Jim Davisson, an experienced cleaner on Facebook compared his HM PTO to Dual LX Portable:
I got a chance for a great comparison with the LX motors vs a urai 45 blower @ 3600 RPM. We started @ 9 am in the 7000ft² gym and we shared the TM solution line on the test area for as close of a comparison as possible. The TM had a 6 flow wand and the portable a 7. Both using 100' and both have an uncloggable cyclone filter inside the waste tank (my brother prefers a 14" AW-29 for his height, I'm running a WP 10-0550). Overall dry times were virtually identical when I left at 5 pm, initially the LX's dried in the center portion of the wand pass faster, overlapped area's were about the same for both. My impression is while the TM has considerably more cfm's and both have almost identical lift, there was no difference in cleaning speed or drying time between the two. When we switched, we both felt the LX's made the wand harder to push. Take all the above for what it's worth, but I thought it was interesting enough results to share.

After 15 hours of burn in time with the LX's and at the end of 100' continuous 2" hose I was getting 14.25" Hg, the TM was 14.90" Hg.

Last edited:
Reactions: vibra-vacster

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I don't know anyone who would buy that POS. Get a loan and a good truck mount or save a little longer for a well maintained used one. Or buy it and pretend you are running something better than a portable machine. Wish you the best whatever you decide to do.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been down most of the roads mentioned, including a few expensive dead ends.

Rotaries (still in my toolbox)

Portables (the 1972 Vibra Vac RD the best)

Modified portables that would spank anything out of Dallas.

Electric TMs, from Banes and frankenmonsters with generators and huge kero boilers.

Gas TMs out of TX, a learning experience

Prochem 405, 4 running, 4 parts project LOVE THEM!

WM shaft drive Pro 2000, also used, great machine.

Name
jack zerkie
I had a Hydramaster 470 D I couldn.t wait to get rid of it. I now own that cheap crappy Cobb base unit for the past 9 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything else except another one. The only down side was adding more exhaust to quiet it down and I've done that, I was always against air cooled lawnmower engine BUT I get 240@ the exhaust so there is plenty of heat & 45 blower. I like the open style of the Cobb. I work alone so I don't put my fingers in the wrong place and really like it not being in a cage. The unit is simple like Judsons but with a heat exchange and no propane works for me.. I like to keep things simple like ME so we work together great. When I purchased it 9 yrs ago I was worried about not having anyone local. But a few calls to Cobb and I had the answer. I found that more & bigger isn't what I needed. Sorry Larry at my age this is probably my last unit. jz,

hydracat

I put together a backup van with this type of set up when my box truck was down with an electrical short two shops couldn't find. Got me by but almost cried when I got my truck mount back and realized what I was missing. 1000.00 for an old hydracat 10 years ago and still runs like a champ.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
What about the maintenance for these gas powered TM’s? I’m hearing 2 to 3 grand to replace blowers and the like. Seems as if one is working for the machine as suppose to the machine working for the operator.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What about the maintenance for these gas powered TM’s? I’m hearing 2 to 3 grand to replace blowers and the like. Seems as if one is working for the machine as suppose to the machine working for the operator.
If you buy new and maintain it well, you won't have to worry for quite a long time. On the matter, you will have to replace the electric vac motors more often, cheaper but a nuisance. Buying a used TM, you have to know what you are doing but there are lots of good deals out there.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Good point cleanworks. What about gas? How often does one have to fill gas tank when operating a TM when say averaging... 2 jobs a day?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My one truck with an 18 HP Honda motor takes about 1.2 GPh. My hydramaster cds takes about 1.5 GPh as far as I am able to judge. Gas is about $6.50 per gallon here so figure on max about $10 per hour. I usually average $150 per hour plus so it's not a big issue. Just finished 3 bedrooms, hall and stairs in a 3 level townhouse for $250. Took me an hour and a half. Part of the reason I am quick is the ease of setup and operation of the cds. Hook up a water hose, pressure hose, prespray, (no scrubbing or vacuuming necessary on this one) hook up vac hose and you are cleaning. No worries about running out of gas or propane and with a 100 gallon waste tank, I can go a long time without dumping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom