E-Tes 120 or 240??

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Which do you recommened??
I talked to Jim P and he was very helpful, and I relize one does not heat up as fast!

I am sterring to the 240

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a couple of 240's and I was thinking of getting the 120, just for wood floors so we wouldn't need use the customers 220 hookup for the range or the dryer.

We've also had a few times in a business where there was no 220 without having a electrician hook us up.

Is there a Winterfest sale on the E-TES's?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It all depends on the situations you run into more. Ideally both would be the way to go but it depends on your area. Around here up at the lake we don't see too many rentals with 220 outlets they are all gas so the 120 would be the better choice but down here in Reno most guys are getting the 220 because they are more accessable and provide a little more heat.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I use the 220 E-TES to enhance my conventional drying method and for difficult drying areas. Here in Fairfield County Connecticut many homes have 220 outlets for clothes dryers. Most stoves are built in and do not have a 220 plug.
I do not own the double 120 volt version but it is my understanding that it doesn't generate the same heat (BTU's) as the 220 version.
With the exception of very small jobs, that would not justify the cost of the E-TES, the E-TES is not a stand alone drying system IMHO. So as with any conventional system the number of electrical circuits becomes a issue. The 120 E-TES requires three, two for the E-TES and one for the air mover in addition to your other drying equipment, that could be a problem. You could use a spider box to make up for the circuits used, but why not just get the 220 E-TES to begin with?

I need to clarify the name.
It is a e-Tex, meaning 1 Tex box which costs around 2k

TES stands for Thermal Energy System. S is for system. The system consists of a trailer, a hydronic boiler, propane tanks, hoses, at least 4 Tex boxes, and a thermostatically controlled exhaust and costs around 30k.

One heat exchanger does not comprise a system. The name is misleading.

As to answer the question, I am partial to the 240 volt thermal exchange box.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Not to be an ass Craig but it is called an E-TES. As much as you might not like the name it is what it is. I do kind of agree with your thought process though. It is an indivdual tool not a system.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I don't think I stated it was a SYSTEM, but another tool in the toolbox is the way I look at it,
I would NOT promote I have a TES system, but can utilize heat drying as well!!
I do AGREE it should not be sold to to the public as a TES system, but for me I don't think the client
would know the diiference IMO.

Again, Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated and I am looking to get the 240

Rob,
Please, do not take offense, I did not mean to imply thay you said it was a system or how you would market an E-TEX.

I was taking generic oppurtunity to voice a growing concern within the TES community that our investment is being devalued by the electrical sumplemental directed heat drying apparatus.

We are begining to see people who own an "e-tes" using the TES logo in their ads and marketing material. And many are marketing that they use TES!

Unfortunatley, they are screwing up jobs and screwing up the TES name and confusing consumers and insurance profesionals alike.

I won't get into it, but I'll say I market or abilities not our equipment now since I lost a very big job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom