DuraStone...?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Durastone is a combination of vinyl and stone. Adhered to the floor with pressure sensitive adhesive, much like carpet tiles. Liken it to LVT but I believe that it can also chip. A retailer I knew quit carrying it for that reason. I have never cleaned it but would consider using CRB and spinner with pressure turned down.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
As mentioned above, Durastone was the precursor to today's LVT. It could be installed with our with out a urethane type grout. Your procedures above are spot on. Biggest thing they mention in their care instructions were staying away from strong solvents or any citrus cleaners as it will break down the grout if present and the adhesives. While definitely not needed, some people have been known to put down sealers over them. :hopeless:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
It also makes it more firm. Ever see the button marks from the bottom of kitchen chairs on linoleum or someone walking across it with spike high heels?

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Believe it or not, one of my elementary schools has that in their cafeteria. 21 round tables with 8chairs around each. Yes I said elementary. Architects will sell anything, to anyone.

Mikey P

Administrator
good gravy, turns out it was this crap...

928b18d577cc9d9aa91b7f29a5674be6Durastone_I033-0.jpg

Name
Jeff T
Looks like something Harry homeowner does around his pool deck on a Saturday.... goes to Starbucks, then home depot, back home, done by 3 PM.... and wonders why it doesn’t last....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I see those everywhere, but it is used exterior...the one you cleaning is in the house? On what?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
http://acstone.com/all-products/all-products/dura-stone/

Honestly, I dont know if I've cleaned this product.
I have a request to now..

I imagine the adhesive is the only concern, assuming its not been topically coated.

Neutral pH, CRB, low pressure, low heat rinse?

That is just another company offering basically an epoxy based product with different types of aggregate added.

Stone coat, dura stone, elite crete, etc they all have very similar systems for commerical and residential applications. I got certified for installation, its was a 3 day hands on course we poured like 100 different types of flooring for all sorts of applications like garages, showers, residential flooring, pool decks, etc. .

you will not hurt the epoxy by cleaning it, once its fully cured (at least with the manufacturer we use) the product is 8x the strength of concrete.

its very much bulletproof, in the class we took hammers to cured surfaces to try and destroy its amazing what it can handle. We also set a counter top on fire, boiling pots straight from a stove burner etc.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
they do sell cheap homeowners ones at home depot, and yes they probably dont last.

idk specifically about dura stone but what we worked with is extremely durable and has been installed in firehouse garages, airplane hangers, etc

tensil strength of one particular coating was over 15,000lbs per sq in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom