Duct Tape Adhesive Removal?

T

The Magician

How do I remove the adhesive from a granite cemetary monument without harming or removing the finish.

Rex Tyus

I am no stone guy, but if memory seves it is very porous and very hard. I would use something volatile, not oil based. Other than what might soak in not much will damage granite?

Maybe a stone guru will chime in.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Some razor blades too.

Have used PIG out from vacaway and Goosh from Judson to remove it from carpet, used Goosh on travertine to remove it once. Acetone will work if you want to use some potent stuff.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
I know WD-40 removes it, and I would doubt it would have any adverse side effects on the stone.

at least you did not say Lacquer thinner and a truck key............

R

R W

Is it the rough finish or the finished surface, Jimmy? I've used PC's power solvent, then rinse. I also get out the pressure gun a power clean it a few times a year. One thing I can say NOT to use is window clings on the finished surface. We usually use the clings on my Daughters stone, which stands about 5 feet high, for whatever season it is. Problem is, if on the sunlight side, and left on long enough, the clings form a shadow on the stone that probably is permanent. I have tried rubbing compound, glaze wax....nothing will remove the shadow. I'll try to post a picture.

RW

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom