Door Hangers

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I just ordered 3,000 door hangers for $179.00 I have this man who hands out flyers for me 4 hours per week @ $10 per hour. How effective are doorhangers?

AzCleaner

I think it all depends on the response. I know where I live, we have pizza door hangers all the time. I get somewhat annoyed of them but one thing that does attract me to them is when they have their specials, or discounts, or something like that. I would say get the door hangers (if not already made) and have coupons or some type of discount put on. Just a few clients cleaned will bring you more W.O.M. advertisement and also possibly retain those clients for future jobs @ full price.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Most of my business comes from door hangers. They work the same in high end areas and poor folk hoods. It might be where I live. Idahoans are weird, especially ones named Adam. They like to talk and don't mind being bothered by door hangers.

3 out of 100 sounds like the responce I get too.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
3% is an awesome return. The 450 we hand out in our hood produce very little but gives my wife something to do.

I'm reminded of the hotel I stayed in Miami a few months ago. Every day there was at least 3 pizza flyers tucked under the door. I guess they did it at about the same time every day because I can hear the swish sound it made 2 or 3 times in less then 10 minutes. How freakin annoying.

Albert

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think the most effective door hangers, (Some would argue as tacky) are the 5-arounds.

You put one on each side of the house you cleaned, one across the street, and the two houses on either side of the one across the street. I don't think there is any good way to do it if you run a 1 man crew though.

If you do it first thing, the people are confused... "Why is he going to the neighbors house."

If you do it when you are done, they are confused... "Why isn't he leaving?"

I think the best ones go something like. "We at (company name) just performed a cleaning in your area. You can ask your neighbors at 1234 Road Dr. if you need a reference to our quality workmanship. Blah blah, filler, short sweet to the point and free estimates, Big phone number. Something like that.

Techs hate handing them out, but you do get a lot more calls off of them than any other kind of door hanger.

CarpetQueen

When I finish a job, I spend a half hour knocking on doors up and down the block I worked on, on both sides of the street. If someone comes to the door, I introduce myself, hand them the tri-fold brochure, explain the service I just performed and name their neighbor I did the work for, explain what I do, state estimates are free, and thank them for their time. Takes about 2 minutes per house. If no one comes to the door, I leave the brochure in a conspicuous place. I figure I hit about 20 homes this way every where I clean.
I just started doing this a couple of weeks ago, so it is too early to gauge the response. I keep it short and friendly and move on quickly unless they indicate they would like an estimate at that time. I don't want to be pushy, just want to plant the seed in their mind.

-JB-

Name
JB
HEY JEREMY!

Do up good 5 round for us would ya bud?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Does anyone put a coupon or deal on the door hanger or just company info & services?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I give one free room with a whole house cleaning (max 100 sq ft). I usually get the whole house that way instead of just a couple of rooms.

Neil

Ron Lippold said:
for me I have a average of three out of 100

not to bad

3 jobs booked, or 3 calls?

As for me, I have probably hung 5k flyers/hangers. I have booked 9 or 10 jobs from them.

-JB-

Name
JB
Front, or back I suppose, depending on how you look at it.....
5ROUNDjpegp1.jpg

Back, or front I suppose, again, depending on how you look at it.....

5ROUNDjpeg.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think you need a comma between clean and fresh

Clean, Fresh & Dry

But I never graduated high school.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, I saw that too, did it on the revised ones , Thanx.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think you need to explain the back side of the hanger though! 8)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I iz stoopit! I doezn't git wat yoo R sayin.

Iz tha neaghbors dont like yoo?

G

I get an average 5% response, but I looked for the "right" neighborhood.

It is much more effective if you hit the same neighbor hood several times a year, every year. Pretty soon, you "own" that neighborhood.

hogjowl

Idiot™
5%, even 3% is phenomenal! The only way I ever got that good of a response was using a combination of post cards, with repeated exposures over a three week period, and then using a telemarketing follow-up.

Door hangers aren't my thing. Simply because, as stated already, they require a special or discount as a call to action. I won't give away what I do for a living, so I avoid this type of marketing approach.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Jtuseo said:
I just ordered 3,000 door hangers for $179.00 I have this man who hands out flyers for me 4 hours per week @ $10 per hour. How effective are doorhangers?

They are working on putting in a law in my area banning doorhangers because they alert would be prowlers to inactivity at a home.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
admiralclean said:
I won't give away what I do for a living, so I avoid this type of marketing approach.

I got an incredible response on door hangers at "Elite Cleaning" Co.

Ours had no discount, they simply mentioned their neighbor by name as a reference to the quality of the cleaning job, and invited the person to ask their neighbor about their experience with elite cleaning company.

No discount at all whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom