Doo daddys Hammer TM and Legend XL heat issue

Gonna see Doo daddy(Duane @ Accelerated) next weekend he got me a used Hammer Im gonna put in a 06 chevy 3500. Looking foward to meeting him and taking the fam to Atlanta to explore. I also bought a 05 chevy(25,000 miles) with a Legend XL(200 HRS) in it. I like the machine but Im having heating issues with it. I checked the bypass in it and its not stuck . It takes forever to heat up and when it finally goes up tp 220 after 3 rooms it bypasses down and it stays around 150. Im gonna check for exhaust leaks etc or maybe check t-stat.

Anyone own an XL with these probs?

Ill post some pics later..

Yea I own a Legend XL. If you plug the vacuum port it will heat up really fast, but it will not maintain 200 or anywhere close to that. 150 sounds about right. I cleaned out the heat exchangers and that helped a lot. It gets got, but not steamin hot like an Everest or similar truckmount. They have a helli coil which captures the coolant heat and that alone makes a big difference.

Farenheit251

I believe that was the time when Prochem greatly simplified their truckmounts. I remember hearing that the Legends were only maimtaining about 170 at that time.

The Bull

Curtis check the thermal valve. It is located on the water box in the back of the machine. There should be a 5/16 clear braided hose that goes to the waste tank. If you disconnect the hose from the waste tank (and the water in the box is cool) there should be no water coming out. If the thermal valve is malfunctioning, you can tear it apart and clean it out.

Thanks fellas it was actually the connector to the bower/heatexchanger wasnt tighten all the way...so I torque it down and that baby wuz hitting 230 ATM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom