Doing The Right Thing

Name
John LaBarbera
Here's a question. If you have the winning bid on an auction and have buyers remorse for any reason, wouldn't the previous high bid win and shouldn't the higher bidder who had a change of heart pay the difference and all would be well. For example, let's say someone bids $450.00 on a Bentley and I bid $500.00 and win and then change my mind, shouldn't I anti up the $50.00 difference?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with the idea in terms of personal integrity, but I have run lots of auctions and have yet to ever have someone willing to do that.

Farenheit251

That is a good idea,but in a lot of cases it was the $500 bidder who caused you to bid $450 to begin with.
Cleaners need to have enough sense not to buy any non vital equip if they don't have a few thousand in the bank extra. I love my 3 A/Ps and feel they will pay for themself in customer retention but it will be a year before I see the money from that.

Bob Foster

John LaBarbera said:
Here's a question. If you have the winning bid on an auction and have buyers remorse for any reason, wouldn't the previous high bid win and shouldn't the higher bidder who had a change of heart pay the difference and all would be well. For example, let's say someone bids $450.00 on a Bentley and I bid $500.00 and win and then change my mind, shouldn't I anti up the $50.00 difference?

A version of that which could be acceptable would be the previous legitimate bid be accepted if mutually agreed to between buyer and seller.

JCoviello

John LaBarbera said:

Yes. It's that simple. But it seems we may be cut from different cloth...the cloth that doesn't say "F it, I'm screwing you and you can't do a thing about it...I'm a victom - it's not my fault, my 2nd step dad was 'mean' so I am who I am and you are a BAD person for judging me".

Just sayin... :mrgreen:

Name
John LaBarbera
JCoviello said:
John LaBarbera said:

Yes. It's that simple. But it seems we may be cut from different cloth...the cloth that doesn't say "F it, I'm screwing you and you can't do a thing about it...I'm a victom - it's not my fault, my 2nd step dad was 'mean' so I am who I am and you are a BAD person for judging me".

How about loss of future biding privilege?

JCoviello

John LaBarbera said:
JCoviello said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":1ave2xni]Here's a question. If you have the winning bid on an auction and have buyers remorse for any reason, wouldn't the previous high bid win and shouldn't the higher bidder who had a change of heart pay the difference and all would be well. For example, let's say someone bids $450.00 on a Bentley and I bid $500.00 and win and then change my mind, shouldn't I anti up the $50.00 difference?

How about loss of future biding privilege?[/quote:1ave2xni]

Sounds good to me. Maybe a long suspension at minimum.

Back
Top Bottom