dog piss on wool, what are you guys using??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the title says it all, I have a wool rug with a light yellow stain from dog pee, I sprayed some vinegar on it already and that lighted it alot.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
After you actually flush the urine out use stain magic for wool for any remaining yellowing.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Flush with TCU Neutralizer to remove salts and lipids.

You can put the rug in a wash pit or use your solution line and a ball valve to put water on the face while using a Spot CLaw or similar to extract from the back side, thus pulling the water and urine through the rug.

Scott Warrington

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Woven or tufted... I'd really stay away from the stain magic for wool or any oxidizer for that matter.. remember oxidizers are boosted by high pH and that is exactly what urine turns to after its been a while.

If its tufted I never guarentee odor or stain removal. I will guarentee odor removal if they let me take the rug apart, soak it and apply a new backing with new latex. With woven rugs, as long as they are color fast you can do a soak and remove alot of the urine with out needing any special products.

If I have to use some kinda of oxidizer after all of the urine is gone, I'd use a product like O2 mixed very mild, let it dwell. Other wise Hydroxyacetic acid and some good sunlight if the wool is UV safe usually takes care of it as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom