Does anyone still pre-spot?

Chris A

Name
Chris
If so, why? Anymore a good pre-spray and rinse eliminates 95% of them. My only exception would be a really nasty red stain...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If I see a bunch of grease that will need a little POG, I may work a little in, or citrus gel for little extra dwell. If I can identify the ones that will not come out with Prespray, I can effectively work the spotter rather quickly and then prespray a room and rinse out with out stopping to spot on the go.

Cameron1

we will power shot with 40% the following..........urine,blood,chit,coffee,tea , and anything else considered to be of an organic orgin

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Kool-aide, ink, rust, paint are pre-spotted. Most everything else comes out with pre-spray alone. I also carry a squirt bottle with my pre-spray mixed at spotter strength to spray and give the nike shuffle to anything that doesn't come out along the way.

TimP

If I know it's paint, ink, rust, or grease I do because the spot cleaner penetrates the spot/stain better. For red stains I do afterwards with the iron method. If I don't know what it is I try the prespray first then take guesses at it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Rust is all for me... Are you guy talking latex paint? if so what are you using?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Heat and citrus-gel, Keith. Acrylic paint is harder to get out. A NVDS will do the job on it though, i've used a ink removal product with much success. Rinse with a VDS after of course.

TimP

I use the vac-away paint stuff. If there isn't a ton it gets it up pretty good.

steve r

urine or feces always.one then its not so nasty in the waste tank and two if i cant see it afterward how do i treat for odor.plus they almost always disappear this way and no odor issues later,usually.

Able 1 said:
Rust is all for me... Are you guy talking latex paint? if so what are you using?

Paint is my least favorite spot to remove. I have found a solution that makes removing it easier. Apply a solvent cleaner. I have been using prochem pait oil and grease spotter. I also used Chemspec's brand and it is definetely better and stronger but will literally kill you. Even a small amount of the Chemspec POG will make breathing impossible and you will have to open windows. Anyways allow the solvent to dwell for several minutes. To loosen it take a razor blade that folds up so you can keep it in your pocket and lay the blade flat on the carpet and scrape the paint similar to using a spoon. This will scrape the paint up better than anything I have tried. The key is to keep the razor in your pocket as you will not likely walk out to the truck to get it. A lot of times the paint will come out without using any solvent. :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not in decades. We believe it far more effective and saves time and spotting solutions to clean first and post spot as needed.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Not in decades. We believe it far more effective and saves time and spotting solutions to clean first and post spot as needed.
it's a Michigan thing.....!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
paint, rust, etc. Those things I know the prespray won't touch.

For paint I use a combination of Zep Orangel and Bridgepoint Alsolv, loosens it up nice then rinses away. I have nice scissors for those multiple paint spots about 1/4" in size right up by the wall where bad painters always leave them.

What's being used on rust?
I have TSR that I got from Les. Works really nice with a bit of agitation on the bigger spots. Used to use Prochems Rust Remover, liked it because it was a gel and would stay on the surface. I could treat it and walk away, it would be gone by the time I got back to that spot to rinse.

‘Spotters’ should only be used for ‘stains’. A unique coloration is a stain by the definition that it remained after cleaning. A ‘spot’ would be a coloration removed by detergents. Spotter and detergents should generally be two distinct and separate groups of products. In many cases, we would not know that it is a stain except that it was there after extraction. I agree that some stains would have been spots if a better prespray were used. The term spotting should be used in reference for stain removal. Normally, it should be done after the cleaning. In addition, the charges should be separate and so should the representations made for each.

Back
Top Bottom