Do you own a...

• business.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Job all the way right now. Can't wait to have enough of a biz to walk away from when I want.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dirk, that little kid on your website would be perfect of a remake of the remake of the little rascals....is her yours?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's a great pic...best I've seen in a while for what we are doing.

Looks like a little terror. Great for promoting cleaning

Congrats.

Mikey will be puting it up at the top soon, would be my guess.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
What Richard said. I've been working real hard at owning a business and I'd guess I'm about 1/2 way to the point of it running itself with some occassional tweaking. I can take off pretty much any day I want as long as it's only a day or two at a time! It's the long stretches I'm working for. My biggest obstacle is my own controlling nature. It's been the hardest thing in the world for me to acknowledge and relinquish. Stress and fatigue are great motivators though.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ed said:
What Richard said. I've been working real hard at owning a business and I'd guess I'm about 1/2 way to the point of it running itself with some occassional tweaking. I can take off pretty much any day I want as long as it's only a day or two at a time! It's the long stretches I'm working for. My biggest obstacle is my own controlling nature. It's been the hardest thing in the world for me to acknowledge and relinquish. Stress and fatigue are great motivators though.

It is hard to walk away and trust others to run your "job" the way you want it ran. After you get to the point of comfort with others running it dont ever stop checking them because going unchecked they will run it into the ground.

Learning this the hard way....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with you Larry!

I can go for week, but when I do then I pay for it by being backlogged with paperwork the next week. :x

I suppose I could pay someone to do it, but then what would I do.
:mrgreen:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Every time I am gone for more than a few days this is what I come back too.

1. Busted Equipment
2. Tons of Paper work
3. Employee work sheets that didn't get filled out
4. Invoices that were not billed
5. Busted Equipment
6. Employees Fighting like children
7. Busted Equipment

Its not running a business it's a freaking daycare center with driving privileges

Did I mention the Busted Equipment

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Larry you just described a typical day here, me here or not.

Worse than the guys, is the women here.

Man they fight, talk shit on each other and apparently love the "drama". They can be really frustrating when they want to be.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
:lol:
rctpks said:

Larry you just described a typical day here, me here or not.

Worse than the guys, is the women here.

Man they fight, talk shit on each other and apparently love the "drama". They can be really frustrating when they want to be.
I feel so much better knowing that its not just here.. :lol:

When there feeling get hurt do they come running to you for comfort? Act like they had no part in nothing but others are out to get them ?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm in business for myself, no employees. Where did the defn that a "busn" makes money if you're not there come from or that a busn needs employees. When I go on vacation, there is no broken parts, nothing to worry about. I set my prices, I take whatever days off I need, I clean the way "I" want to clean, I don't have someone looking over my shoulder telling me to do it differently (not any more at least-some custys would do that before I started out performing the rest of the cleaners in town), I get the profit, I pay for the expenses. I control how much I want to work, I do the marketing, and when a client calls, they talk to the "owner". I "OWN" my busn.

A job is where you show up, you have no responsibilites other than doing the work assigned by your boss, ie the owner. You can be hired, you can be fired. You have no control over whether or not you will have that job. You get a paycheck at the end of the week, you're medical and everything is deducted off, you go home, drink beer, get laid, be back at work Monday morning.

The "busn" Owner, has to make sure there is work for the dude that has a job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
I'm in business for myself, no employees. Where did the defn that a "busn" makes money if you're not there come from or that a busn needs employees. When I go on vacation, there is no broken parts, nothing to worry about. I set my prices, I take whatever days off I need, I clean the way "I" want to clean, I don't have someone looking over my shoulder telling me to do it differently (not any more at least-some custys would do that before I started out performing the rest of the cleaners in town), I get the profit, I pay for the expenses. I control how much I want to work, I do the marketing, and when a client calls, they talk to the "owner". I "OWN" my busn.

A job is where you show up, you have no responsibilites other than doing the work assigned by your boss, ie the owner. You can be hired, you can be fired. You have no control over whether or not you will have that job. You get a paycheck at the end of the week, you're medical and everything is deducted off, you go home, drink beer, get laid, be back at work Monday morning.

The "busn" Owner, has to make sure there is work for the dude that has a job.

Well said but I think they are speaking figuratively.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What they are getting at is
Are you just making enough to get paid at the end of the day or are you investing and planning yada yada yada?

I can see the technical term would be business owner if you own your equipment and do all the work but if you're not really going anywhere with it then it would be a like a job.

CleanEvo

I used to have a job, I could show up and not work and still get paid. Now if I don't work, I don't get paid, so it can't be a job... it must be a business.

harryhides

Name
Tony
CleanEvolve said:
I used to have a job, I could show up and not work and still get paid. Now if I don't work, I don't get paid, so it can't be a job... it must be a business.

Priceless, Aris.
I used to have a bidness and sold it so I can move to Chilliwack or Mission and devote my full time to reading crap on this BB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom