Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
20240518_152026.jpg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the schedule and procedure? I have a new set of bearings in the CRB Bearing Kit I bought years ago when I heard a buzzing noise in the machine. Turned out to be a screw that was dislodged and riding on one of the plastic gears. It didn't do much damage, so I didn't replace the gear. Still have the unopened kit.

FredC

Village Idiot
What's the schedule and procedure? I have a new set of bearings in the CRB Bearing Kit I bought years ago when I heard a buzzing noise in the machine. Turned out to be a screw that was dislodged and riding on one of the plastic gears. It didn't do much damage, so I didn't replace the gear. Still have the unopened kit.

Not sure of the schedule but here is a vid of the bearing replacement

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqK3rKHr5Xs

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Johnny

Mikey P

Administrator
Because long hair and staple fibers build up to the point where they blow out the seal on the bearings from too much pressure. The cover should be removed as needed depending on use it but if somebody's using it on every job I'd recommend quarterly

FredC

Village Idiot
Because long hair and staple fibers build up to the point where they blow out the seal on the bearings from too much pressure. The cover should be removed as needed depending on use it but if somebody's using it on every job I'd recommend quarterly

The question was do they need to be "removed and lubed"...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom