Do-it-yourself cleaning results

GRHeacock

I went to a new/different barber today.

Just happened to be next door to where I had lunch.

As she was trimming my hair, conversation turned to "What do you do for a living?"

Retired carpet cleaner.

She told me she just did her own carpets on Tuesday (Today is Thursday) and is still waiting for the carpets to dry. Then have to clean them again, because she could still see several spots and stains coming back.

I asked her how she had done them. She started out with her home model "Steam" machine, which blew up part way through because it sucked water into the motor.

She then went to a supermarket and rented a Rug Doctor to finish.

Back to work. She was exhausted before finishing, and had to rest for an hour before going back to it.

She is hoping the carpets are dry enough this evening, so she can rent the Rug Doctor again and do it again.

I told her to call my son Alan, he was a professional, the carpets would be clean, and dry in 1 or 2 hours.

She said she had been ripped off by professional cleaners before, and would not allow any in her house again.

I think I talked her into trusting Alan, gave her his phone number, and other info.

We will see.

Anyway, this is the perspective a lot of people have.

Gary

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
maybe...but why cut your nose off to spite your face???

I have an old customer, that i am pretty sure she was bugged about how wet the carpets were...so I think i am going to go back (now that i have pimped the TM out) and offer her a free room....if shes happy then we can work out price, time, etc....

just wish she woulda called and told me "hey this damn carpet is still wet"

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its such an easy business cleaning carpets but sadly 90% of cleaners are just plain stupid.

danpauselius

We're doing a FDR job in a large restaurant. The owner rented a rug doctor to clean about 10 velvet chairs. I could not imagine what these would have looked like if I had let her do it.

We took care of the chairs for them.

radkins

We give out information to anyone who asked on how to DIY better or they can call us.

WISE

A lady that works at the company went rent our dumpster from called yesterday for an appointment...she said it is common knowledge that carpet cleaning trucks use the same dirty water over and over again!

But thank God the CRI is out educating the public. :shock:

WISE

timnelson

A lady that works at the company went rent our dumpster from called yesterday for an appointment...she said it is common knowledge that carpet cleaning trucks use the same dirty water over and over again!

Must have been talking about CFR equipment.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom