Dedicated VLM van

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
If you were to set up a van strictly for VLM, what equipment would you purchase ??

Thanks,

Shorty.

DRScrivner

Is this a quiz Master Yoda?

CRB- Sprint, Whittaker, Host, Pro-Caps...you choose the make.

Can't leave Little Mak behind either mate.

Name
Jesse
I'd buy as many goodies as I can afford, not cause I recommend it, I just do.

I have a 55 gallon drum in ours that is heated via van coolant while driving to the job. It's very nice to have hot water quickly. Plus many commercial locations (which is where I hope your vlming) don't have water easily available, at least here they don't.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What Del, no Big Yella :?: :lol:

190px-Yoda-ep2.jpg

:lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

DRScrivner

Chavez had already mentioned it and I knew you would never leave your BIG Wheel Mex behind.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yer right cobber, I could never leave home without my BIG Wheeled Big Yella :wink:

One thing I must remark on, is the civility shown towards this post, unlike the downright rudeness on another forum.

Although some may not understand, or appreciate the process behind VLM, it gladdens this old farts heart to read thoughful posts without any discrimination towards the system and the equipment or products used.

This is the van that I think I will end up using for this venture:

34914.jpg

24489.jpg

Toyota Hi Ace with a 4 cylinder, 3 litre, gasoline engine that can also be run on lpg ad have a one tonne payload.

Equipment shall be, but not limited to:

Cimex

Orbot with tank

Possibly a CRB

Large portable with in-line bilge pump for waste water disposal prior to reaching portable.

150' of solution ad vac; hose.

Spotting machine

Steam vapour

Makita variable speed polisher

Greenhorn wand + a rotary of some type, as well as my normal crevice and stair tools.

Upholstery tools & two vacuums.

An array of chemicals and spotters, pads, bonnets, brushes, etc; & other paraphernalia :shock:

& to keep someone happy on another forum, 1 gallon of water :wink:

This shall be used for washing my hands :lol: :lol:

Cheers & Ooroo,

Chris A

Name
Chris
I like the idea of keeping a fresh tank with hot water, that way you never have to worry about it.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Too funny... I've been running a mini van for VLM for months... I guess I'm ahead of the curve.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
It is indeed a big curve from Indi to Cairns where I have been using an old Hi Ace van for my VLM for about four years :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, it has also had my twuck mound in there for a long time also ......... and still does :oops:

But it's comfortable, easy to work on, and no computerisation of any sort, so I can always get it going when I do have a problem. :shock:

That's what I like about the older models, if you're out in the sticks, a couple of hundred kilometers from a servo, you can always get the buggers going again and get back to town.

Ooroo,

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Shorty, the above concept sounds great, but won't you miss the loss of a TM at all?

Won't the hassles of a potty get old quickly when you're used to the efficiency (not power :lol: ) of a TM?

I don't have much high rise and therefore never had the need for a Potty here but I can see the advantage to a 2.5" enabled 36 blower unit :wink: if ya know what I mean.

Still a lot of dosh for little use if thats the direction of your business.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom